Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya can anyone tell me how the traction control works on a Calibra V6 auto? im dubfounded as to whether it works through the brakes, gearbox or the spark from the engine (to cut the power) Any help would be much appreciated! :) :beer: :beer:

·
Admin/show reporter
11,663 Posts
fruitydjonacid said:
Hiya can anyone tell me how the traction control works on a Calibra V6 auto? im dubfounded as to whether it works through the brakes, gearbox or the spark from the engine (to cut the power) Any help would be much appreciated! :) :beer: :beer:
I have a Cav V6 auto so its all the same. Open up the bonnet and look at the throttle body. You will see a small sandwich plate between the throttle body and the start of the inlet manifold. In this plate is a second throttle butterfly, like your first throttle butterfly that YOU control, this secondary one is controlled by a motor attached to the traction control ECU.

So when the ECU detects wheelspin the secondary throttle cuts power progressivily (but quickly) until the wheels regain traction.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I didn't know you could wheel spin an auto? I'm guessing only when the road is wet, that this is possible?

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Depending how much power the auto is running. The old jag v12's are helish to drive be it wet or dry.

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
The Cav system uses a motorised throttle plate controlled by the TC ECU, and Fuel/ignition cutoff controlled by the engine ECU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts