Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right story goes I am picking up an engine from the kind MikeT on thurs. Its only the main block (head& block complete) now i dont really want to be hirring a van out due to £££ has anyone fitted one in the back of a corsa/saxo :confused:

I wil be borrowing my brothers saxo VTR (i know things we do to get our Vaux's back on the road) i've been warned not to break anything :eek:

·
Registered
3,309 Posts

Like so, I also clip the rear seat belts so they corss over, just to add a bit more security in my mind to try and stop the engin ecoming though in a crash :s

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good good was just worried I wouldnt get it in there...i dont really want it to lie it down either as i dont want oil up in the tb :|

Just a thought tho...saxos floors are quite flimsy are they not? :eek:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Fadscorsa said:
.i dont really want it to lie it down either as i dont want oil up in the tb :|
As they say- what goes up, must come down- it'll be fine, just don't drive like a tit and slam the brakes on :eek: lmao

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lucky for me its just the main block so no worries about the gear box

cheers for the replies guys nice to be back on MIG :D

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
Used Gaz's £10 1.0 Nova to transport a V6 from London to Southampton. Was great. Thing hardly moved.

What was even more fun was reversing car into the jet wash and cleaning the engine in situ. To add to this, all the onlookers staring and wondering why 2 lads were spraying gallons of water through the tailgate of this old Nova. Made a very amusing site.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I picked up the last complete engine I bought in my 405 saloon, it was a 350 mile round trip too. :D
We just dumped it in the boot as far as it would go and gravity did the rest lol. The bonus of 70 quid jallopy's :) I wouldnt recommend it as an everyday technique though?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SimonP said:
Used Gaz's £10 1.0 Nova to transport a V6 from London to Southampton. Was great. Thing hardly moved.

What was even more fun was reversing car into the jet wash and cleaning the engine in situ. To add to this, all the onlookers staring and wondering why 2 lads were spraying gallons of water through the tailgate of this old Nova. Made a very amusing site.
lmao thats quality

how much do you think an XE weighs with no box?

havent driven this since new year :(

really must get this sorted first though :eek:

·
Registered
5,826 Posts
I put a piece of wood on the boot floor of a 206 with bin bags on top to stop and spillages.
Definitely drain the fluids it makes a big difference in weight.
I split the gearbox off the block.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
FFS just take all the interiour out
yes i was talking to a friend 2nite about stripping it painting interior welding upall the holes and having a 6 point cage..I then realised i must own a mk1 golf to do this...

·
Administrator
61,453 Posts
had an xe with box,in mine,
from essex from hampshire,
was a c**t to get in cause of the rear brace,
but it held it tight...
but it being slammed+an xe i did have a few patches where the underseal was "cleaned" off

·
Mig Club Member
9,312 Posts
Just watch the corners!!

You dont want it tipping over and causing damage to the interior.. My mate didnt secure an old manta engine. It tipped over, spilled oil everywhere, dinted the rear boot panels and cracked the rear window. Other than that everything went to plan!

·
Registered
261 Posts
erm.....

drove 300 miles like that too lmao

some suspension mods ere needed though....

5dr corsa springs lmao

1 - 20 of 33 Posts