Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they still alowed to hide speed cameras.

I guy on club calibra post these up of some in his town.

I thought they had to be easily seen

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
If you were being observant you would have noticed its a 30mph zone and looking for road signs, that sign with the anber flashing lights is for school style crossing, indicates there may be people milling around.

If you saw that sign, and you SHOULD have, how the hell could you miss the BRIGHT FLAMING YELLOW camera behind it?

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Tom Williams said:
If you were being observant you would have noticed its a 30mph zone and looking for road signs, that sign with the anber flashing lights is for school style crossing, indicates there may be people milling around.

If you saw that sign, and you SHOULD have, how the hell could you miss the BRIGHT FLAMING YELLOW camera behind it?
Tis true yes, but not all people do look at signs and immediately look to mirriors as you do when you are learning. The camera is bright yes, but obscured and I also thought the law made it clear that signs had to be clear and not obscured, so see both points here.........................

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
So you wouldnt have seen it either? and relying on 'modifications' in order to save yourself rather then observation which as a driver you should be doing 98% of the time you are behind the wheel.

·
Banned
779 Posts
that camera is bull****.... someone needs to introduce it to a tyre and petrol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its a Trvelo. A forward facing speed camera.

Yep its obvoiusly placed outside a school, I would rather be looking at my suroundings for hazzards like kids jumping out from between parked cars etc then looking for signs

·
Administrator
29,659 Posts
lee may said:
I would rather be looking at my suroundings for hazzards like kids jumping out from between parked cars etc then looking for signs
the sign is part of the surroundings if you were looking around for other hazzards then some people stood by the sign waiting to cross with a lollypop lady you would notice the sign

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.