Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys\Gals

As it is my first post did not want to offend. I would like some advice. I am looking to buy an y reg SRI 130 dualfuel. It has high mileage 100k. half leather etc been serviced etc just had the required 4 year lpg clean out.
I was wondering if any of you run these and if any issues etc surrounding them. Looked high and ow on the net and not found and disaster stories.

Cheers Guys, if you ae wondering about the handle I also own a seat cupra.

·
Banned
16,413 Posts
High mileage is good imo. Will have sat on the motorway a lot, a lot less wearing than stop start round town. Someone doing a lot of miles would presumably rely on their car, so get it serviced when they should, and things fixed when needed.
That's the hope anyway :D
It's a Vectra right? Had me thinking of the cav sri 130, which wasn't around on (the old) Y reg. lmao

·
Registered
930 Posts
you haven't found anything on them because duelfuel vectras are like rocking horse poo.

provided it has full vx service history with cambelt changes you shouldn't have any major problems after all is it only 4 years old

btw what seat cupra do you own? i used to drive a leon cupra r.

:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hello there

I drive a ibiza cupra. Looked over all the paper work with the car looks fine. Just had LPG refresh etc. RAC are coming on monday give it a look over then providing all okay hand over wad of cash (cheque) and away I go. SRI ownership here I caome. Took for a test drive and all seemed fine. Car is big though normaly drive hot hatches. Seem fine cheap motoring here I come. 33p a litre nr me. Already looking at new bit though!!!. GSI bumper\wheels etc and I not even bought it yet what am I like. Also keep reading about the 3 pipe mod what is it????.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
probs with the gearbox, no oil in engine, needed a fluid change all fluids etc. There were other things as well so left it alone RAC where not exactly glowing with enthusiam for the car.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts