Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car is Astra Mk2 GTE 8v. When is driven at low revs sometimes the engine management light goes on, and the engine seems to stop working for a moment, revs drops, and when I press the pedal everything goes back to normal! Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
i used to get the same problem on my 1.3 carb engine specially after sitting in traffic for abit , and i found replacing most of the ignition parts solved it ie cap plugs etc also one of the pipes was clogged a bit
sorry it was ages ago so i cant be much more technical than that

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yeah, they just have a switch which just does on and off (throttle open and closed)which seems a better way of doing it than a potentiometer coz the engine in me old SRi (the same as the GTE) picked up a hell of a lot quicker than this one :D :(

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
I think that there's more to it than that. Most of them had a throttle position switch. The late ones had a potentiometer (I'm 90% certain) I thinks. Well my SEH engine seems to have a potentiometer and I know that it's different from the one that was fitted to a D reg GTE.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.