Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Help needed with C20LET misfire!

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  martin.p 
#1 ·
Hi all,

Anyone know of a company/garage that can test / plug in a C20LET to cure a misfire? I've had enough of changing stuff on the car without success and will quite happily pay someone now to fix it! I've rang around a few places locally but nowhere seems to work on the older vauxhall stuff - just wandering if any of you had used local places?

Thanks, Greg.

#5 ·
Thanks guys.

The misfire is only when under full boost. It's actually worse at slower speeds such as 2nd/3rd gear when you floor it. If you are on a motorway in 6th at 70 and floor it sometimes it will rev ok without misfiring although not every time. When it does misfire it can take between 15-20 seconds to 'clear' before it will drive normally again.

I've tried 4/5 different set of plugs including the RS turbo ones gapped to 0.62 and no joy.
I've tried different CTS, Different Coil, Different HT leads, & Dizzy Cap. I've got a new crank sensor which I've not fitted yet but I don't hold out much hope - not sure these engines really misfire as a result of that but you guys might know better?

I've not done a compression test - maybe that will be the next thing to check

#8 ·
It is chipped with copy chips (EML on) but I don't think thats a problem. I've only had the misfire since I changed the engine about 18 months ago (same running gear/turbo) The actuator settings may have changed whilst the turbo was off as I noticed the wastegate was a bit stiff . The boost doesn't seem to cut though - it pulls well until the misfire. I have AFR gauge and boost pressure gauge and neither of them give wild readings when it starts to misfire. I don't have a spare and haven't tried another AFM...

Do one of you want to earn some cash by fixing it?!!

#9 ·
Get the crank sensor you have fitted for a start. It sounds just like mine was. I went through all the things you've mentioned and fuel pumps. Regulators,coils, low voltages, and it was crank sensor in the end.
Make sure your using Bosch rotor arm and cap. The copy items are not up to the load needed under boost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.