Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem people. I've just bought a new Sony XR-6459 Headunit off a mate and I haven't got a clue how to make the thing work. He took it out of his car and some of the wires came free from the white plug that's in the back of the machine, and I'm buggered if I know which holes to put them back in. I haven't got a clue about anything like this so I can't even work out what goes where. The only wire that has stayed in place is some yellow one that looks very important because t's got a black box (with a strange "S" shape on it halfway down the wire) The bloke that owned the car before my mate installed the stereo so It's a real bodge job. I know what all the wires in my car do, because of my old stereo but The problem is sussing out which wires(that came with the headunit) go in which holes in the white plastic plug.I know someone that can put it in for me but there's no way he can install it without any wires in the Back!!!! If anyone has any idea can they email me as soon as possible because I'm a bit bored driving 10 miles to work each day with no tunes. If anyone could give some kind of guide as to what goes where or put me in contact with someone who would know I'll love them forever. I can't afford to go to a pro installer at the moment! If you think you may have one similar, It's one of the early face off ones (all softtouch buttons,with the mechanical tape loading thingy.) can we keep all advice in very simple english please cos I don't understand any of this technical ICE malarkey. Thankyou all kindly.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If the wires have actually come out of the plug, you'd probably be best getting a new loom for it - some of the bigger Halfords stock them for popular units, or try an ICE supplier.

Where did this mate get the stereo from that he had to remove it so fast he damaged the wiring???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mightsound really stupid? but what's an ISO socket? as you probably can tell, I don't have a clue about ICE or connecting it up. If anyone knows any sites that explain ICE jargon and explain how to install the stuff can they please email me or reply to this post with a url for a decent site.

Thanks for your help so far ppl. I think I'll come here more often...!

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
iso- a connection on the back of stereos that "should" be universal,to save u rewiring it in every time.if they dont match you can buy leads that make them fit from halfords and other good stores(and some crap ones :)) ;) ;)

·
Registered
773 Posts
I.S.O is now been a standard European fitting for about 5 years now, bloody Yanks still havn't cought on tho.

Even small Halfords (Except high street sotres) keep replacement looms for the sony, and kenwoods on shelf.

Vauxhals hav standard iso looms so it will plug in the bak of ya sony :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.