Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Went to Steves on sunday armed with a new TP and Air temp sensor.

Well the good news is, no miss fire, no black smoke, no silly fuel consumption and I can now drive it! To say I'm over the moon is an understatement, Cheers Steve.

Basically I had been setting the TP to the wrong voltage, Steve found some old instructions on how to set the TP up, so we followed them, unwind the throttle screw, set the TP to the voltage of 0.343 then wound the throttle screw so the TP read a voltage of 0.375 I think. Started the car, its idles smoothly at 1k.
Went for a drive and the car performes perfectly. I'm well happy.

Going to get the fueling checked incase its running lean or rich, but it "feels" right.

Managed to scare some people in the next village along from me going to work, he he got them to jump when I went passed at full throttle, childish but fun :D

Cheers Steve,

Garrie

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
those are the exact same settings for setup on the newer MT and TP kits.

glad its sorted, so did you just reset the old tps, or fit new one and set up.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm confussed now, got a setup sheet with totally different values :confused: I thught those were the new ones, oh well its sorted now anyway!

I used the new TP and air temp sensor, it can't be any harm and it the TP seems a lot free'er to move than the old one.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
well when i said newer i meant newer than your kit. Mine for instance uses 0.343 and 0.374, i got those values from the downloaded Taper setup sheet from sbd's site.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm instructions had a different voltage on them, hence the reason the car not running right :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts