Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
stripped my c20xe thats goin into my mk2 astra gte 8v, just wondering, what mods can i do myself while its apart? iv'e cleaned up exhaust and inlet valves and lifters, was goin to clean the bores out but i dont think i could do a good enough job myself, is it worth gettin ported and polished? and also can someone clue me up on gasflowing. also where can i send my head to get sleeved?
please say how much roughly these things would cost too, thanks in advance

·
Registered
71 Posts
as far as i know (but dont blame me if it goes tits up) to gas flow the head you need to enlarge the area at the top of the ports and carefully grind out the area around the valve steam, dont touch the port floor as this is the inside of the bend and is a stagnent area. The air flows slower there just like a river flows slower on the inside of the bend, and dont polish it whean you finish

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
or if you'r after somethign a bit special speak to a guy called keith cant remember the company name but its an lpg conversion company in dunfermline(the industrial estate at the top of the tank road next to john will motors ) he's a xe man

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
try 'gary' on here mate a think he does all that and at a good price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts