Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How thick is a standard 2.0 16v XE gasket? 1.3mm?
How thick is a standard 2.0 8v SE gasket? 0.8mm?

SBD sell a 2mm gasket for £106+VAT. £124 yikes.

I need to add 1-1.3mm between the top of the piston and the head. D**k at SBD told me that a mate of his stuck an 8v head on a 16v block and used two normal gaskets without any trouble. But I'm not happy with that idea.

Anyway, I think that I'm probably going to end up with a mixture of skimmed piston and thicker gasket so that I can raise compression further in the future without touching the pistons.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
C20XE, C20LET and Z20ET gaskets are all 1.1mm thick (I have them sitting in front of me). If you want to fit double Z20LET, you need to remove the 4 rivits holding the 4 metal layers together.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
Topbuzz said:
C20XE, C20LET and Z20ET gaskets are all 1.1mm thick (I have them sitting in front of me). If you want to fit double Z20LET, you need to remove the 4 rivits holding the 4 metal layers together.
ive compared a z20let gasket to an xe 1 and a fair few holes dont line up... i really cant see how it would fit and work properly

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
ChrisB said:
The holes don't line up on a LET either, it has to be modified AFAIK.
Must admit I haven't laid the C20LET ontop of the Z20LET to see if there are any differances.

All I know is if you have a KS head, you need to remove the rivits on the Z20LET gasket. If you have COSCAST head then you can leave the rivits in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.