Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As title suggests I can offer tool magnetising for anything from spanners to nuts and bolts. Bolts and nuts benefit more than tool as I have just tried the process, the strength of the residual magnetism is enough to keep a nut or bolt firmly In the jaws Of a spanner and it wont drop out. I will make a short video of the process tomorrow to give you a rough idea of the effects.

My first claim of "industrial strength magnets" will not apply as the unit is limited which I didn't know about! :(

Please note the items must be ferro-magnetic to start with otherwise it won't work. Carbon steel tools will benefit the most.

I can't magnetise materials like pure stainless steel, aluminium, copper and so on. Easiest way to check is to see if they are attracted magneticly and if they are I can them expose them to a closed 5000 amp circuit which will align the magnetic domains turning them into permanent magnets.

If anybody is interested in having this done please pm me and we can discuss a price including postage to a final customer or back to you.

I can also de-magnetise things.

Stevo

Must add because it might not be that clear but you don't have to be a 15 stone bodybuilder to pull magnetized tools apart. ( for you m/port )

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Steve,

Appreciate if you can put up some guide prices too.

Regards
Melv

Ok mate thanks for your help, I can't really give a price unless I know how many items and what they are that I'll be doing, plus postage but I'd say £1 per socket and spanner unless it's a bulk order then of course I can offer a discount.
50p for a nut or bolt unless it's bulk.
I can also buy nuts and bolts, test them for cracks, linear tears, magnetize them then post them.
The service is mainly for nuts and bolts however it's a lot easier when working under your car to simply "stick" your tools to the cars metalwork than leave them on the floor, and then knocking them all over when you get up.

Just a small business idea. Might get a decent amount of interest And feedback or I might not get any business at all.
Stevo

·
Administrator
12,102 Posts
no, posts are not "raped" by the moderators, they are moderated in line with the rules to the site. mig is not a "free for all" where "anything goes". the posts above were moderated inline with both the rules and the fact that the posts were reported to staff. if you would like me to restore the "chat posts" that seem to say that you shouldnt be trusted to offer this service (which is how i read certain posts and others have seen them) then i will this time.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, posts are not "raped" by the moderators, they are moderated in line with the rules to the site. mig is not a "free for all" where "anything goes". the posts above were moderated inline with both the rules and the fact that the posts were reported to staff. if you would like me to restore the "chat posts" that seem to say that you shouldnt be trusted to offer this service (which is how i read certain posts and others have seen them) then i will this time.
No its ok big fella, as I've already discussed with a bloke that's got more than half a brain, if you dont want to trust me then come with the products, or click the back button! It's simple! But thanks for your concern my friend.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No its ok big fella, as I've already discussed with a bloke that's got more than half a brain, if you dont want to trust me then come with the products, or click the back button! It's simple! But thanks for your concern my friend.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's not that ive taken offense, it's more to do with people seeing what has been said as I'm sure the chap with the very well presented comments isn't the only 1 asking that question. so to prevent further misunderstandings, I'd rather people be able to see his comments and then my replies to the conversation. As I'm pretty sure it won't be long until another member says the same thing. Even though it's not terribly difficult to figure out if they don't trust me (which is understandable as I've no feedback or proof I'm who I say I am!) that they can either bring products to me in person or not bother and click the "back to forum" option!

Same goes for the thread I started about not being bothered about fixing my tigra! That did go off track thanks to a few disagreeing parties however that wasn't my fault but you still closed my thread. I didn't expect to be a paying member and have my threads closed for people like that spamming them, but because I'm a new guy I guess I'll take it as it comes and not moan too much.

Hope this puts things into perspective from my point of view but Thankyou for trying to help out.
Stevo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts