Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Has the law changed ?

819 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Cris Rose 
#1 ·
Someone told me today that the law has changed on number plates. Mine has a red vauxhall badge down the side, honycombe background, 3d text ( all leagl text ) and no slogan at the bottom. Any ideas on that ?
Aparantly he said that you are only allowed the GB badge, i thought the only ones that where changing where the ones with the flags on eg Scotland, England etc any ideas ?

ALSO lookin at the pics on speedjunkies there is a mk3 astra with chrome number plate surronds on front and rear Are they easy to fit and anyone know how much they cost ??????

Cheers

Tomo ;)

#2 ·
I just got some new number plastes made up at the weekend with the GB logo on, they didnt mention that the other logo ones were illegal for road use but im not sure. Havin said that the fuzz will pull you over for any reason they can think of regardin number plates. Not much help there!

As for those number plate surrounds, i seen them in the demon teweeks book for about £14 that was for a stainless steel one, i've seen some real shiny ones so they might be a bit more.

[ 17-07-2001: Message edited by: Nick M ]

#3 ·
the law is changing and they are really clamping down...one of the things i know is the placing of screws to make a 6 look like a G etc etc...and also things like 13 put too close to look like a B...these were illegal before but now they will do you for it so BIG BOY vw golf on the tv ad is nicked and fined....loads more but not sure as yet,will have to wait for info to come through,hope this helps for now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.