Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my astra gte 89 16v wont start. theres a spark but no fuel seems to be getting through? ive tried bypassing the pump by putting 12v directly on to the pump and the pump doesnt do anything. and the existing wires to the pump are also dead. I ve done a fault code reading and it came up with 13 and 19? any ideas before i scrap the piece of ****e! :mad:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
gsi180 said:
my astra gte 89 16v wont start. theres a spark but no fuel seems to be getting through? ive tried bypassing the pump by putting 12v directly on to the pump and the pump doesnt do anything. and the existing wires to the pump are also dead. I ve done a fault code reading and it came up with 13 and 19? any ideas before i scrap the piece of ****e! :mad:

sounds like
fuel start relay mate. assuming theres no imobiliser.

·
Banned
16,413 Posts
Fuel relay would stop the management light from coming on, have you checked it comes on with the ignition?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
C4llyT said:
Fuel relay would stop the management light from coming on, have you checked it comes on with the ignition?

when i switch the ignition on the management light is on. so i guess its not the fuel relay?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
C4llyT said:
Have a looky on here for code 19 :beer:

19 is crank shaft sensor? whats that? and where is it?

ive just done another fault code reading and its shown up theses codes

13 oxygen sensor - no change in voltage.
19 rpm signal (crank sensor) - incorrect signal
31 rpm signal ( crank sensor) - no signal
39 oxygen sensor - high voltage.

How do i fix it? please help or im gonna scrap it :mad:

·
Banned
16,413 Posts
Crank sensor will stop the fuelling.
As for the Oxygen faults I don't know, as it will nothave been built with a cat.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wayne451 said:
Front of the block nearest the drivers side!
Had a look and can't see it has anyone got any pics? Will the sensor need replacing and if i replace it will the car start as i can't see how this would cause all this hassle, has anyone else had this problem with their gte? any other idea's please :confused: i'm desperate :eek: THANKS.

·
Registered
122 Posts
listen to wat he said lads,,, 12v to the pump and nothing,, pump fooked perhaps,,,if youve got spark you have got a signal from the crank sensor, also try holding the fuel pump relay in your hand,, turn ignition on,, should click,, then crank engine, should feel click again then as you stop cranking it'll click depending on wat ecu version stright away or after a small delay, that signifys a good relay, then check fuel pump fuse if no power at fuel pump, all very simple tech really

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Creator said:
listen to wat he said lads,,, 12v to the pump and nothing,, pump fooked perhaps,,,if youve got spark you have got a signal from the crank sensor, also try holding the fuel pump relay in your hand,, turn ignition on,, should click,, then crank engine, should feel click again then as you stop cranking it'll click depending on wat ecu version stright away or after a small delay, that signifys a good relay, then check fuel pump fuse if no power at fuel pump, all very simple tech really

thanks for your help mate,

which relay is the fuel pump relay? as there are 3 in the engine bay and 2 have fuses beside them and one hasnt.? thanks paul.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gsi180 said:
thanks for your help mate,

which relay is the fuel pump relay? as there are 3 in the engine bay and 2 have fuses beside them and one hasnt.? thanks paul.
anyone know?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts