Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,502 Posts
Yep they will

From what i understand, you stick them on the car, part will overlap the rear door - cut this bit off, and stick it on the rear door - that's what the proper 5 door ones are like (but they are quite rare)

I have a set for sale at £20.

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
They made a 5 door GTE. Could get the skirts from that.

Or better still, if you wanna be a bit different. Get 4 front sections. 2 from each side and pair them up. Trim to size and you have a skirt without the rear wheel arch flair.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
WHERE DO YOU LIVE M8, MINE'S FLAME RED, WITH TESTAROSSA SIDE SKIRTS ON IT. SHE'S A 5 DOOR ASTRA GTE.
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED, THEY CAME FROM FIBRESPORTS £125
THE ORIGINAL GTE 5 DOOR SIDE SKIRTS ARE NO LONGER MADE, SO UNLESS YOU GET SOME 2 DOOR ONES AND CUT THEM TO FIT, YOU'LL HAVE TO ORDER SOME LIKE I DID. THEY COME IN 4 PARTS, TWO FOR THE SKIRTS AND TWO SMALLER BIT THAT ATTACH ONTO THE REAR DOORS, SO THAT THEY CAN OPEN AND SHUT PROPERLY.;)

Mr Slob.

·
Registered
338 Posts
How do you attach sideskirts to a non-GTE astra- is there any glueing,reshaping, drilling needed, OR do they just clip on?

On a 5-door version how does the bit of trim that goes on the rear door attach/fit on?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Applying.

The side skirt part is either rivetted or sel tapped via screws, and the rear door part are glued on. Obviously, you'll want to make sure they're stuck on thoroughly. You'll most likely paint em 1st, as with mine, i had them put on and THEN painted, so in the end i had both sides of the whole car done, thi cost me £300, but if your bodywork's all ok, then just go for the skirts.

Good luck m8,

slobby.

ps. If you look at Cris Roses car, you'll see the same sideskirts as mine.;)

·
Registered
38,604 Posts
The skirts have plastic clips as you would find in the door cards, securing it to the frame.

It is not essebtial that they are needed for a non GTE car. A really good adhesive will sufice such as Mastick.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.