Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many miles do you get to a full tank?

I know this is dependent on type of journey etc and how you drive it but wanted to get an estimate. For about £30 my car is near empty after 200 or so miles is this normal?

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
187 Posts
alex

I had GTE 8v up to till last december, I used to get between 200-260 miles from a full tank.
Sometimes got more but I'd have to take it very steady!!!!! not easy in a GTE!

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
198 Posts
dont worry mine is the same id say 125 miles ish to £20 thats town drivin and occasional red line action

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad im getting about the same as everybody else mpg wise. Yeah thats sitting in traffic for 10-15 min and town. Of course gtes were not meant to be driven "economically" all the time..

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
so, you have 9 gallon tank (42 litres ish) 22mpg.

fraid to say if your "having fun" around town thats about right, you should get 30+mpg on steady motorway stuff.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I get 300 miles to £30 in the manta, which is an XE.......... :)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
God those 8valvers must be thirsty, £10 - 100 miles in ma car, so full tank dunno £45 of petrol, 450 miles out of my cav GSi! Sensible driving obviously!

·
Registered
17,928 Posts
The 2.0 8v aren't amazing on mpg.

Mine did about 220-260miles for a full tank when it was standard.
Since binning weight and fitting a decent exhaust system etc it returns 240-280 miles per tank.
That's all for "normal" driving which means a random mix of slow stuff, round town stuff, foot to the floor starts and some motorway 85mph stuff.

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
lol i only got a 1.4 and i get about 65-70 miles outta a tenner not exactly a beast is it lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts