Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while ago I done a brake upgrade on my motor, for the crappy 1.6 brakes to the vented 16v brakes.

now the discs feel warped, so does ne1 know what prices they are and if its worth going for performance pads and/or discs, and what prices they are?

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
I have gone through 4 sets of discs so far on my SXI - they have all warped if its any consolation :(

Black somethingorother discs spring to mind - there was a thread on here many moons ago. Try speaking to Autovaux and see what they recommend.

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
Possibly :D

Next set I get will deffo be an upmarket set - not the usual motorfactors ones

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Warping discs is really hard. You need to go through puddles really when the discs are hot.

Or just brake like mad all the time.

·
Registered
23,727 Posts
My last set warped after 20 miles - I was driving extremely carefully as well :(

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
mine went wavey .... not buckled ... but if you ran your finger across the disk it was rippled ...

difficult to explain without a pic ...

just replaced with halfords disks and ferodo pads ... but i think they may be going that way again :(

·
Premium Member
28,725 Posts
Something's VERY wrong here.
Discs don't warp normally, are you sure the disc is on true ?
If its a fraction of a mm out, they will warp.
Always make sure the hub is spotless before fitting the disc.

Paul

·
Registered
8,862 Posts
good quality std disks shouldnt warp, I ran std disks with comp. spec pads for over 10 track days (5 or more sessions a day and 10 laps a session) and the track and back ment they covered a fair mileage and they were fine when I took em off.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I bought the discs and pad and calipers 2nd hand (about 200miles on them), but they then sat in my shed for about 6 months.

about braking hards all the time - how about nearly all the time I am a little harsh with the brakes so I am just looking for some that can take the beating and last long.
The stopping power is good enough so more stopping power would just be an extra bonus.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts