Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

Got honked at by a fellow Astra....ever happened to you?

777 views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  Tigran 
#1 ·
Was waiting at traffic lights, when coming the other way was an Astra GTE, had a different colour bonnet, so looked like it was work in progress.

I had a glance at him, and as he drove past, he must have spotted mine (looks like an Astra GTE from the front) and he bibbed, and sorta smiled at me.

I've heard this sorta thing happening with minis (sister used to have a mini) but never heard of it happening to Astras.

Anyone else had this happen? Was kinda cool :D

#9 ·
yeah a similer thing happened to me the other day, let this guy, about 25, out of a junction in a fiesta xr2i or something, he saw my modded nova and said cheers as u normally would, and as he left the road at a junction he pipped his horn and said thanks again, well nice of him!

#13 ·
Used to get that alot when I had my RS convertible... its when u have an equally nice car and others appreciate it.

In the Astra though, I find it quite weird that at the lights everyone looks down at my alloys and just stares at them!! Why??? They're Mille Miglia Evo's, 17".
I don't understand it.

#14 ·
the the corrado was running and i had boy racers next to me or behind me i used to flip the switch to make the spoiler go up, then give it some beans and make it spit the flames, funnily enough the saxo and 106 chavs then dont bother trying to get away in front of you

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.