Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After carefull consideration, they have decided not to prosecute me over a "dangerous driving" offence I committed a while back. Presumeably due to them realising what a fuucking joke the whole case was.
I really hope the jobsworth coppers got an earfull for wasting time and resources for it, but I would bet on it :rolleyes:

A friend called me a while back, her battery was flat and the car needed jump-started. I went out to help her.
Its hard to explain by text so look at the hastily-drawn diagram below. Hers was car B, parked at the side of a one-way street. I was in car A. The wee arrows on the cars show which way they were facing.

Half-way through getting her car started, a police car pulled up and things went down-hill from there. They reckoned they were going to charge me with dangerous driving. Bear in mind they never saw me sitting in the car at any point so i wasnt even "driving" at the time. They said I had driven the wrong way up a one-way street.
Technically speaking I am guilty, As you see from the diagram, I parked on the corner with the car facing into the street. The only other way I could have started her car was to go round the one-way system and park next to her, which would have blocked the road totally. Once the car was started I was just going to turn accross the mouth of the junction and carry on along the street I had arrived by. The position I stopped in wasnt even 1 car length into the street. The coppers wouldnt listen to reason though. I had driven up the street and that was that.
They took my details, breathalysed me, and told me I would hear about the charge in due course.
Surely if it was dangerous driving, I should have been arrested at the scene?
anyway, at least someone at the CPS has some common sence and threw this out before it got to court.

woo.

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
woah common sense in the justice system

shock horror

there are some right jobsworth pricks out there tho

no real problems out there to sort out i take it ?

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
man what a fecken waste jssshhhh glad u are sorted now!

·
Registered
58 Posts
For F*CK Sake !!! :mad: :mad: some coppers are a joke !!! why dont they jus listen to real reasons!!

They think that as they have the authority, means they can abuse it and look 'ard .... Well fook off !!!

Nobbers

... sorry Rant over, :D glad u got it sorted mate

·
Registered
12,425 Posts
Just shows you what ******s most coppers are. And they wonder why people hate them (esp. motorists)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
the court systems a ****ing joke. I am back in court tomoprrow and the day after.

tomorrow is for my blue chamade, the pics are in the what cars you got thread, apparently thats been rammed into the arse of a brand new clio causing over a grands worth of damage, direct line sent me a letter saying so. Got a bill for new boot floor, rear bumper and painting.

Thing is the car never folded the clio, it wasn't even anywhere near it, case is a joke but they are dragging it on cos they can. Also they reckon I would have fixed it within the month that they tracked me down adn I am by some form of miracle that good and loaded then I can fix the front end and replicate the light rust exactly on the chassis rails and subframe and all the oil splashes etc.

Then on friday I am up in another court for appoarently smacking into a taxi driver in my old 1.4. they came and inspected the car a month after the incident without my permission and noted no damage but the taxi's front end was stoved in. I shoudl get aquited on that one due to a technicality as its illegal for them to inspect the car without my permission outside of 24hours of the alleged incident.

Anyway as for dangerous driving they can arrest you but normally you just get charged etc and sent on your way. The crown may have thought it was a jopke of a case which it is or they may have noticed a technicality.

Did they caution you? Did they have their hat on at the time (they can't do anything without their hat on)? etc

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
it'll be the same as always rob, bad! I will get a another mega fine, paying off 2 the now!

I'll also be getting another ban as they like to ban me, even when your innocent you get done over. Thats why the blue chamades not getting an new mot on it (well I might mot it to sell) but at the end of the month the tax is up and I ain't re-newing it.

Besides walking will do me good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts