Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gorgeous Manta

I'm really starting to love Mantas. Very tempted to get one, and apparently the XE conversion is very simple. Would also be perfect for a LET I'd imagine. You could actually get all that power down onto the road with a RWD Manta. Hmmm

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
stunning, theres an absolute minted manta gte going about where i stay.
i would seriously love to own one, all the space in the bay and practicly any vauxhall engine can be put in, from xe to lotus carlton.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Personally i'd prefer the capri but dunno why! Its one of the only fords i'd have. :)

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Cathcart cav said:
Personally i'd prefer the capri but dunno why! Its one of the only fords i'd have. :)
we had one in at our garage, was nice 2.9 i think.....until we looked underneath, ended up needing about £500 worth of welding, and that was on the cheap, would much rather have a manta tbh, their starting to get very rare now as well.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Wont it be the 2.8i? Dunno why but i'd still prefer one. The car is so damn smooth and gorgeous! Not many cars nowadays could live up to that! What kinda bhp did the capri kick out?

·
Registered
6,750 Posts
It would be nice if there were more nice examples out there. Most are 1 good winter away from the scrapyard.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Cathcart cav said:
Wont it be the 2.8i? Dunno why but i'd still prefer one. The car is so damn smooth and gorgeous! Not many cars nowadays could live up to that! What kinda bhp did the capri kick out?

iirc - there were 2.8 & 2.9's

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Aye, getting rare now like, mine went to ireland, so thats one less over here :(

Miss her now, was great fun, not only did most people not have a clue what it was, they couldnt understand how it would launch past them sideways.

Was a good laugh, but i think i made the right choice, ben waiting since nov for a new car, found a nice cav gsi, that will do till i can afford a corolla AE86 in a few years.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Owen said:
iirc - there were 2.8 & 2.9's
My apologies. :eek:
Mind my dad had one! 2.8 i'm sure. used to wait till it was rainin then fly round roundabouts at almost 90degrees to it! Think that where my love for capri's started! :)

·
Registered
6,483 Posts
I like capris but id rather have a manta anyday.
I think that red one looks quality on compomotives :beer:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
you still got it mantamark?
just when you said my old un,like it better with the vaults actually, that cars the reason why i want a manta! lol

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
16vmantamark said:
Nah mate, sold it in novemeber, guy came over from ireland to pick it up.
ohh thats a shame, take it you bought another one though?
need to know a few things,
frameless windows or not?
i have a carlton gsi 24 and i want to put it in a manta, any idea whats involded?
how much could i pick a manta up for?
what the common problems to look out for? rust no doubt.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts