Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,following my resent threads,I having Glo plug bother.My originals from new in my Corsa 94 1.5td,are in need of replacement.I managed to aquire a set,however,they were for models up to '93.I questioned that if they,went in okay,they would work.I reported that the car started,but because it was a nice day,she fired up no problem.I last used it at 9pm and didn't fire it up till 4.30pm the following day.Unfortunatley,it didn't fire!I removed the bus bar,and did a cable test on a plug and got no spark.Doh!I took it out and tested it across the battery.Nothin!Got me DMM out,no resistance.Great!!Took em all out.Tested em.What do ya think?Yup,all open circuit!Put the old ones back in and what do you know?She fired after a couple of cranks.It has a 4 second period of heating,which Haynes says it should be.And on inspection of and after appx 30miles use,the new plugs came out sooted black,and the one next to the battery,was wet.I'm not sure if its oil,or diesel but the other three are dry.It passed MOT in November,so emissions wern't a concern,but I am worried that an oil ring on the piston has gone or somthing worse.Can anyone enlighten me on this behaviour,or am I about to poo myself?:doh: lmao
 
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Top