Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help in identifying what gearbox I have on the Cav TD, I cannot see a plate with the info. The reason I am asking is since fitting larger wheels, (ie 1" more radius), my speedo is out.

If it helps, 30mph on the speedo in 5th shows slightly over 1k rpm.

I have been looking for something that shows F18,F20 etc but to no avail.

ps. It's a 94/95 M plate

·
Registered
930 Posts
should be f16

look on the top of the gearbox near the selector housing it will be on there in big letters

or look on the end plate, the gearbox number will be stamped on there but is very faint and will probably need cleaning up a bit. it will read something like A12340F16W394

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
F18 at that age.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i recently broke 2 td cavs one had f16 other had f18 fitted, f16 is the most common though, ps. what size wheels are you running on your cav?
as i have 17s on mine with 205-40-17 tyres & my speedo is fine? :confused:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was running 195/60/R14's but I don't know whether these were standard. I got them from a scrappy after finding out that the rims I had on were SEAT ones with the wrong offset. Currently they are 195/60/R15 (tyres came with the wheels).

The reason for asking is I cannot find standard wheel size information anywhere (owners manual lists 4 different types), and I was hoping to get info re ratio's and mph per 1k revs depending on the gearbox type to work out my speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts