1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

The car is a 1994 Cav3 (VectraA), C20NE

i have an unusual problem:

70% of the time, fuel and temp sensor have a problem: both show too much on the scale: temp idles at ~100, and fuel shows +15L

Sometimes everthing workes normal, sometimes it doesn't. Even when i'm driving the problem comes and goes

Changed the voltage regulator (had a spare one from my old dash with no rev meter), but i have the same problem

must be something electrical.

Also FC showes some errors when I have lower than 15L in the reservoir

Also VERY WEIRD is that the FC is ALSO bad - it shows too LITLE fuel, so when i have ~10L in the car, it shows 0km to go!

Any ideeas on my werid problem?

Thanks, any help is apreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
it could be an earth fault. if the fuel sender wire is shorting to earth then it would show the tank being fuller than it actually is (similar for temp). this i guess may mess up ur trip computer. also regarding the trip computer, it may just need calibrating, especially if it isnt the original one from the car. some1 had a post a while ago about calibrating these (u can do it urself) but i cant remember who it was or how to do it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't mind the trip comp. If I'll fix the indicators, FC is a easy job (recalibrating if it needs to)

Hmm... could be some grounding, although strange is that the difference in fuel/temp is constant - always showing ~+15L and +5degrees

I found somewhere the colour of the fuel wire, but I don't know the colour for the temp :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts