Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gsi corsa, i can only get £20 petrol in at most and it wont take anymore!!! after filling up a bit down the road the fuel gauge says its only like 3/4 full???

i have made sure that the tank was empty so im pretty sure its not just the gauge, could i have a smaller fuel tank fitted??

cheers

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
D.B. said:
I have a gsi corsa, i can only get £20 petrol in at most and it wont take anymore!!! after filling up a bit down the road the fuel gauge says its only like 3/4 full???

i have made sure that the tank was empty so im pretty sure its not just the gauge, could i have a smaller fuel tank fitted??

cheers
Wont take anymore is in the pump clicks? Sometimes I get the clicking problem when I know I can still get more fuel in.

Try holding the nozzle in the filler at an angle

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
My nova took £25 from empty,not sure what tank was used though. Doesnt the fuel pump shut off when it comes up against to much back pressure?? maybe you have a breather prob? Once it starts clicking,pull the pump out a bit and keep filling slowly until you can actually see fuel,that what i used to do.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats the sender unit in the tank???

yeah mate, ive tried that and i have seen it fill right up to the top!

so could it be a fault with the fuel pump then??

Is there a visable part number on the fuel tank that i could see to confirm what tank i have??

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
I think RS was on about the fuel pump on the forecourt of your garage, not the cars fuel pump. The sender unit or gauge on dash maybe at fault. the sender is a variable float type switch in the tank that tells the gauge where to point. If it is full to the brim as you say an the gauge is only showing 3/4 then one of them is faulty or you got a poor earth.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
yer try keep filling till u see petrol down the hole

if that happens and ur gauge still reads 3/4 then guage or sender is wonky

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
can you replace the sender unit or does it come with the tank?? what price are new tanks if this is the case and where to get one??

cheers guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts