Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
its a rising rate pressure regulator, it has a vacuum feed on top so that when vacuum is greatest (idle) it will hold back pressure, and when vacuum is at its least (wide open throttle) the fuel pressure will be at max, taking the vacuum hose off the top will emulate wide open throttle, and give you max pressure.

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
Interesting. So at idle, would it be fair to say that the pressure will be pretty much the same irrelevant of the pressure at WOT?

So an XE idling should need no higher fuel pressure than a Phase 3 LET?

Right? Wrong?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Doesn't the XE have a 3 bar pressure regulator and the LET a 4 bar regulator. But at phase 3 the LET would use a 4.5 bar regulator (With standard injectors).
I thought the rising rate regulators were an upgrade.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
Cemesis said:
So an XE idling should need no higher fuel pressure than a Phase 3 LET?

Right? Wrong?
logically yes

jimjimmas said:
Doesn't the XE have a 3 bar pressure regulator and the LET a 4 bar regulator. But at phase 3 the LET would use a 4.5 bar regulator (With standard injectors).
I thought the rising rate regulators were an upgrade.
XE had 2.5 (up to 93) and 3.0 (93 on) LET had 3.0

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i am utterly bubberly :confused: .must be my age. i have a fse with a gaudge on, need a figure at idle.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
have you hooked up the standard vacuum feed to the little nub next to the adjuster nut ?

If so, pull that off for a second, start engine, set to 2.5 bar (36.25 psi) if you have cream coloured injectors, or 3 bar (43.5psi) if you have blue injectors. lock off the adjuster, replace vacuum hose on nub.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thats one thing its never had, i'm allways talking about but i never get around to it, plus it was chipped when i bought it some six years ago. good idea, if i can find a good garage.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts