Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
yes the lambda will try and trim the fuel back, but it will fail because it doesnt have the capacity to change it that much, plus the fact lambda doesnt have any control over wide open throttle. so basically it will overfuel like a bitch and loose a ton of power. youd be increasing the injector capacity by nearly 30%, but doing nothing else to the engine to warrant the extra fuel.

as i already said 3.5 bar pressure on XE injectors is enough fuel for 200bhp.

·
Registered
889 Posts
The later xe's come with a 3 bar reg, (non dizzy ones)
But for some reason my dizzy version has one...

Its stamped/written on the side of them so have a look under a few bonnets at the scrappie! ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Pardon Me For Being Thick

Can I Increase My Regulator On A V6 Veccy To Get More Power Out Of It

Pulls Ok From 4k Revs But Could Do Wiv A Bit More From About 3k

Wot About An Ecu Remap ????????

Into Unknown Teritory Now Pls Advise

Thanx

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
Pardon Me For Being Thick

Can I Increase My Regulator On A V6 Veccy To Get More Power Out Of It...
For this to happen you'd need to be in one of the following scenarios:
1. It's running too lean in that rev range
2. You've modified it so that it breathes more air in that rev range, so now you have to adjust the fuelling so it's not running lean anymore.

In the case of (1) a decent tuneup should fix it
In the case of (2) you'd need to have diffrent cams, headwork, free-flowing manifolds, that sort of thing. (not panel filters and backboxes though):beer:

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
JohnA said:
2. You've modified it so that it breathes more air in that rev range, so now you have to adjust the fuelling so it's not running lean anymore.
I don't think it works like this on Vauxhall engines as any increase in flow would be metered by the air flow meter and the fuelling adjusted. I think you are more right on your first comment - it will only make a difference if you are running lean already..

·
Registered
8,331 Posts
MikeWarner said:
...any increase in flow would be metered by the air flow meter and the fuelling adjusted. ...
Minor changes yes. (technically we're talking about changes in Volumetric Efficiency)
Major ones no. Think about it: if that were the case then there would be no reason whatsoever to remap a modified Vaux engine;)

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
JohnA said:
if that were the case then there would be no reason whatsoever to remap a modified Vaux engine;)
But that is my view anyway. No need to remap unless changing the inlet system (i.e. TBs) or changing cam profiles, compression.... etc (which require ignition timing changes). Airflow changes shouldn't require any mapping because the existing system should cater for it.

BTW, I'm not saying the standard map would cater for it better than a custom remap, only that it can accomodate changes in air flow and keep the mixture right.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.