Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm basically i have been told that for wen i change my engine from a standard carb engine to an Injection engine ill have to replace the lines so i went to a local motor factors and asked how much they cost the guy goes they are £3 a metre is that expensive or wat,

there are 3 type's 6,8 and 10mm which one will i need, also they were made from a type of rubber i thought they were metal as ppl from migweb told me if i got em out of a GTE they would be rusty.

can someone give me some advice n help me understand this, n also maybe tell me how many metre's i would need for a 5 door astra

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so which thickness of fuel line would i need these ppl stock 3 type's

* 6mm
* 8mm
* 10mm

are they supposed to be made from like a rubbery substance?

wat price should they be a metre they are 3 squids a metre here is that daylight robbery or a fair price

and lastly how many metre's would i need approximately?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i assume you are sticking a fuel pump near the tank.

you will need a foot from the pump to the hard line, and a couple from the hard line to the injector rail. the return line should be ok using normal fuel pipe.

use re-inforced injector pipe (got string in it) or it will burst :eek:

get two meters to be safe

·
Registered
7,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

use re-inforced injector pipe (got string in it) or it will burst
Yea i saw em, they are re-inforced with string on the inside looks like there were about 6-10 strips of string going down the pipe is that correct?

so is £3 a metre a good price then?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
its only 6 quid ferrchissakes.....

i tell you what, shop around - phone every motor factror in your town, you might knock off 50p/meter. That might just cover the cost of the phone calls....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts