Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...took half a day at work 2day and decided to find where the water in my drivers foot well is coming from.

Decided to chop the sound deadoning out and look what i found!

Follow the rust stainded road and it lead to this

Looked in the bat tray and u cant see it at all, no wonder i missed it.

This is what my sound deadoning crap looks like now

How should i go about repairing this rust hole?

Chop the battery holder off > weld a plate in >weld battery holder bk in?

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
its quite common for novas to go up there. its one place i do check if im goin lookin to buy a nova as it can be hid with filer or silicon on the battery tray side.

you should take out the battery and gently poke around and see where the hole reaches out to then make a decision on whether you need to remove the battery holder or whether you could get away with welding a plate in with it still attached.

rodgerq

·
Administrator
61,465 Posts
weldin it up big time!
the nova sarah gti got as a run around while her cally was off the road didnt have a battrey tray
there was just a big hole! the only thing holdin the battrey in where the + and - leads

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
benn said:
weldin it up big time!
the nova sarah gti got as a run around while her cally was off the road didnt have a battrey tray
there was just a big hole! the only thing holdin the battrey in where the + and - leads
Lol, u cant actually see the rust from the battery tray. I've had the battery out and it looks fine.

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
start poking around with a screwdriver or something lie that and youll soon see it. pain hides a multitude of sins

rodgerq

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Just where I thought it would be my cavvy went there as well, obviously not in the battery tray but right in the top corner by the bonnet hinge. You have to be really careful if you weld it because there is a lot to set fire to, I used soem metal plates and fiberglass, because my local bodyshop said that it was a bit risky welding it.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Cut ANY rust out to unaffected metal and weld in a plate.

Make sure you use weld thru on everything that's going to be welded and then apply a liberal coat of pain at least.

Only way mate. You try just patching here and there and it's going to come back. Might as well do the job right first time and then you can forget about it.

BTW told you so ;) :p Good luck mate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.