Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps I currently have a 1.9 vivaro on a 03 plate. I was wandering if cruise control is already pre wired on this model? If so what is involved in fitting it ?

Cheers for any help in advance :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

Can be done if you have the loom installed, to find this out you need to:

Remove the small pannel with the headlamp adjustment wheel on. Behind this should be a spare plug taped to the headlamp adjustment wheel.

If you have this plug you then will need to source a Cruise Control button and plug it in along side of the Headlamp adjustment wheel.

Then it gets tricky,

You will need to do one of the following

Change the steering wheel and airbag module to allow for the Cruse Control stalk

or

Manufacture one from a radio control stalk like you have on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

To do this I you will have to strip down the radio control stalk and modify it by adding the correct Ohms rating resistors for each button press. These can be given if your still intrested as I would have to find out what they where again.

So you will have resistors inline with buttons that control the (+ -) speed (set) and (reset) This then will need connecting up to another plug which sits below the steering columb, you would have to remove the plastic around the columb to see it.

After all this has been sucseeded you will then have Cruise Control but you will have no visual of speed changes it will all be trail and error, all you will see is a light appear on the dash when you turn the cruise control button on. To get around this you will have to take the Vivaro to Renault to have the Cruise Control funtion turned on. Usally costs about £50

This will then able you to see the selected speeds ect

I have diagrams and other instructions that will help you if you still fancy venturing into the prodject :)

If any of this makes no sence of my spelling is poor I apologise but iv had a few :beer: due to the pain of my swollen and broken foot!

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I own a vivaro sportive 2012 2.0 CDTI and was wondering if you knew if I could fit cruise control? I have attached these photos of the areas you mentioned. I also have a radio stalk which I don't use that would be really handy to use for it. Thanks Sam

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Remove the small pannel with the headlamp adjustment wheel on. Behind this should be a spare plug taped to the headlamp adjustment wheel.

If you have this plug you then will need to source a Cruise Control button and plug it in along side of the Headlamp adjustment wheel.

Then it gets tricky,

Change the steering wheel and airbag module to allow for the Cruse Control stalk

or

Manufacture one from a radio control stalk like you have on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

To do this I you will have to strip down the radio control stalk and modify it by adding the correct Ohms rating resistors for each button press. These can be given if your still intrested as I would have to find out what they where again.

So you will have resistors inline with buttons that control the (+ -) speed (set) and (reset) This then will need connecting up to another plug which sits below the steering columb, you would have to remove the plastic around the columb to see it.

After all this has been sucseeded you will then have Cruise Control but you will have no visual of speed changes it will all be trail and error, all you will see is a light appear on the dash when you turn the cruise control button on. To get around this you will have to take the Vivaro to Renault to have the Cruise Control funtion turned on. Usally costs about £50

I have diagrams and other instructions that will help you if you still fancy venturing into the prodject :)

If any of this makes no sence of my spelling is poor I apologise but iv had a few 🍺 due to the pain of my swollen and broken foot!

Chris
Hi,

Then it gets tricky,

or

If any of this makes no sence of my spelling is poor I apologise but iv had a few 🍺 due to the pain of my swollen and broken foot!

Chris
Hi,

Then it gets tricky,

or

Chris

Hi, I own a vivaro sportive 2012 2.0 CDTI and was wondering if you knew if I could fit cruise control? I have attached these photos of the areas you mentioned. I also have a radio stalk which I don't use that would be really handy to use for it. Thanks Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts