Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
jus started a conversion well stripping donor car what do i do with the loom?

i have got a 1.4 cosra sport

from what iv read i can cut the wires from my exisitng ecu and patch them back up for the incar loom (which is lights and leccy windows and the such?)

but what about the engine i know i need the loom from a let because of the extra sensors but how hard is it to fit?

im a complete noob to engine work and my dad (mechanic of 25 years) wont help me cos he thinks it a stupid idea but when i get into it he wont resist!

any help would be much appreciated:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Doing one myself a the mo and the electrics are done.

Take the let loom with the 3 mutli plug which are also off the main engine loom. Cut the wiring behind these three multi plugs so these are still atached to the engine loom.

The corsa loom all runs into one black multi plug. Dont cuts the car loom, cut the black plug off the corsa engine wiring loom and wire this into the three multi plugs. If you search in past posts you will find which wire at each plug does and its not hard. (If you cant find the previous posts I can dig it out for you as I printed it off and its my Corsa).

Just remember if its a late LET car you will need the transponder chips from the keys and the immobiliser receiver located around the steering coloumn from the donor car.

The wiring you need to rewire is only for the engine, you will not need to touch the windows / lights or anything else like that!! You only need to remove the engine injection loom, you still use the corsa battery to starter loom.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers guys laods of help! ima start savin all the info and make a bit of a guide out of it lol

·
Registered
796 Posts
Most of the wiring is colour for colour matching but like mentioned above if you do a search you will find it all. you will need to take the starter/alternator loom from the 1.4 engine and put it onto the LET before you fit it, it serves the starter, alternator light, oil pressure light and im not sure if it has the reverse light too ;)

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
Most of the wiring is colour for colour matching but like mentioned above if you do a search you will find it all. you will need to take the starter/alternator loom from the 1.4 engine and put it onto the LET before you fit it, it serves the starter, alternator light, oil pressure light and im not sure if it has the reverse light too ;)
Reverse light should be in with your main car loom.

Does the 1.4 have a solenoid on theback of the block for measuring oil pressure and the light?

·
Registered
796 Posts
yeah it does, not really a pressure sender though, just a simple on/off affair for the dash light. i think the connectors are the same as the let as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi!
Guys, can you give me a helping hand?

I'm trying to engine swap my Corsa B, i'm using a C20LET for the conversion and i want to find a engine mount that fits perfecly. I found a photo with a good one on internet and the other one it's with my engine.
Can you help me? Thanks.
This is the one i search:

This is the gap that i have for now:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts