Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Astra mk2 1.3 Merit I wish to fit a GTE spoiler. On the GTE the wiper is in the rear window on my model it is on the boot lid. Can I fit it or do I need a GTE tailgate?

Cheers guys

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
GTE hatch, if there was ever a gte spoiler to fit a normal hatch it would have to have that grey piece removed that almost touches the glass. Ffter this mod it wouldnt look like a gte spoiler anymore and would have a big hole on the leading edge.

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
I did this on my merit :) You will need to remove the wiper arm and motor and fill the hole. On the inside of the tailgate you will see the marks for the holes at the sides are already there, so drill in those places, and measure for the centre ones, and drill there also. It's then a case of popping it on. If you dont remove the wiper it just wont go on at all.

You could always use a rubber grommet to blank off the hole left by the wiper

Hope this helps

·
Registered
11,480 Posts
Oddball, the spoiler pretty much fits straight on matey, the grey bit sits exactly the same on the merit as it does on the GTE

I prefer GTE's without the spoilers I think - What about you?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Yeah, mine's went straight on m8, mine was a mk2 1.4L originally, but it's been converted to a 2lte 16v spec. The spoiler bolts on fine, but don't forget the sealant around the edges though eh?(waterproofing) ;)

·
Registered
12,430 Posts
Why dont you just it as it is and maybe go for something different like a roof top spoiler - the wrap round sort?? Just a thought mate! :D

·
Registered
8,136 Posts
anythings possible

once seen a mk2 gte tailgate spoiler on the roof of a mk2 XR2 it was um different and did take a bit of guessing to recognise

althou poor dave werent to chuffed when it fell off when he hit 80 :) just glad it missed my windscreen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.