Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know its been discussed but there is still no definate answers

will the fiat coupe 20V trubo (not sure on diamter) discs and the nice brembo calipers fit a vaux, in this case nova with 16's

i know they are the right PCD, would be a case of just getting some brackets made up to fit the calipers??

Any help much appreciated, just want to be different!!!! :) :beer:

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
afaik the turbos are 5 stud

the non-turbos are 4x98mm so are still slightly too small and will prolly require some redrilling to get the bolts to line up

the calipers would then need some brackets if u wanted to use them

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
20V turbo is four stud im sure, what size disc? 308mm??, even if five stud can be re-drilled

brackets for calipers shouldn't be hard for a competent engineer, should it?

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
1999 T Reg 20V Turbo is 4 stud as per this pic and the rest of the ones on Autotrader.

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/ATD_web/servlet/media?id=80399776

I can't sleep so list below of possible sources for Brembo's.

Seat Leon Cupra R's.
Pug 406 Coupe 3.0 V6 too.
Volvo V70 T5.
Integra Type R (possibly the other Type R's too).
Skyline.
Focus RS.
Lancer.
Impreza.
Audi S3,4,6,8 (maybe badged up Porsche on the higher spec models)
Jag XJR.
Nissan 350Z.

Don't know if any of these look at nice as those on the Fiat. Brembo have done some quite "normal" looking parts, inc. some on the older Porsche's.

The Jap cars on this list probably just have the Brembo GT calipers in which case fitting brackets are available from the normal Brembo outlets, failing that any decent engineering outfit should be able to make a mount easy enough.

Be interested to know how you get on.

ta
Chris

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah thats hwats on the new aeroquip ones i just got hold of. anybody know what sort of threads brembo use, are they kind of tapered or like the vaux straight ones

·
Registered
3,489 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
i've personally used fiat coupe discs off an early 284mm 4 stud one and drilled out the standard holes using a 13mm drill bit from b&q, fitted perfect centred spot on and i used v6 cailpers, still going strong although a little blue!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.