Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Yeah mr mavv I got your mail. What has sparked that little train of though off? Have I infected MIG with indecisiveness?

I must admit I am leaning towards a cav, they are just so awesome. I love the way they look, love they way they drive, love the fact that a set of 17's and a 35mm drop later and you have a hell of a nice looking car.

GTE 16v's are faster but then cruising with 4 mates in style, comfort and still having people look at a 10 year old car with a hint of jealousy kinda makes up for it.

Plus being an XE engine you can make them rather fast as well. :D

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasnt you that sparked it, ive been thinkin quietly about it on and off for a while now.
Like you SHO Off ive had a cavy and I know exactly what you are talking about. Even though I had a piddly little 8v 2.0 cdi it was still nippy. Dont get me wrong I love the GTE but im used to the refinements of the cavy. I also prefer the size of the cavy.
Guess im a Cav man deep down. :D :cool:

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Here Here! I liked my mates 2.0 8v CD cavvy but it's worlds apart from my GSi, I have my eye on a real piece of kit as well and from the spec I would think that a 16v GTE would have a hard time shaking it, it also might give it's big brother (any similarity to a certain ongoing program about some weirdos in a house are purely co-incidental), the cav turbo a fright.

I can't wait, just got sell my current Gsi but I'm hopeful :D

[ 13-07-2001: Message edited by: SHo_Off ]

·
Registered
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not atall Gary,

people are suited to different cars, ie some like cavies and some like GTE's.
As for vectras if I could afford one I would consider it havin driven plenty and despite a really nasty accident in one that I was so lucky to escape serious injury from.
So for now it just has to be a cavy. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
I've been driving a Y-reg Veccy 2.2 LS for the last 3 weeks. Sure it's comfortable, quite eager and sophisticated but it's just so boring to drive. The engine at times is reluctant and it handles totally different to anything I have ever driven.

It just makes me miss a cav even more.

By the way Gary.. what's that over there?

*SHo_Off pokes Gary in the eye and chuckles to himself*

:p

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Well, I am a cav man, always have been, always will be. I think I might get one more after my current one and by then they'll be sooo old we'll have to move to the veccie.

I'm on my second cav now, and understand they way they handle and drive and like it lots. I think the major difference is between the cav and the GTE, is the styling inside. They didn't change all that much from the old style interior giving it a 'dated' look. Cav's were ahead of their years.

The only thing I am a little dissapointed with on my cav is it sometimes get a little tail happy but it is a saloon and maybe my suspension is a little flabby as it's still standard. Would like to put low springs on it but they [email protected] the shocks and I can't afford to do both for a while.

This mail is probably very pointless to your discussions but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

BTW, what about a 2.5 cav???

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
They are too boring to look at as standard compared to a Gsi and I reckon this modded Gsi I am after will be a match for a V6 performance wise, well i am hoping!

I'd also just like to say that I know the SRi and 2.5 V6 veccies are a whole lot more involving than the one I have been driving and also a fair bit faster. I really like the look of those as well but they are too pricey for me and the cav still suits me best I'm sure. ;)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
All I can say is that i wished i had bought one sooner than i did. The cav gsi is a surperb car and although i have only had mine 3 weeks, i have some plans for it, nothin extreme cause i think the standard gsi looks good n e way. I was gonna get a calibra, but i have always prefered the look oa the gsi cav for some reason. Here are the first pics i have taken of my baby, (nicked the digital cam from work last night)

C ya's

[ 13-07-2001: Message edited by: Nick M ]

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
This thread is much better :D

Just look at that GSi !!!!!! :p :p

Now imagine it in gun metal grey.

WOW.

P.S Yes Tim you reminded me of the 17" wheels and lowered factor which I forgot.

Yes and I quite agree with people looking at the cav. They look abit like this :eek:
now and in years to come.

I think you must be a clone of me. .... oh no hang on, I wouldn't even consider an astra if I could aford a GSi.

The GTE 16v v Cav 2.0 8v cd/sri is a very difficult decision and one I couldn't make. Guess it would be the GTE 16v though.
So I suck to my guns and got the GSi !

[ 14-07-2001: Message edited by: Andy K ]

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Yeah, i wish i had waited for a grey or blue un to come along, its just i had been waiting ages for one and this burgundy one came about at the right price only 6 miles from where i lived. I did plan on buying a blue one, but the one i did look at in blue twas a shed (literally)
I need the rear arches blown in, but my mate is a paint sprayer, so i might get a discounted full respray in a nice westminster blue or similar.

·
Registered
16,620 Posts
Nick, your car looks the dog's mate, there's no denying it. If I were you I would keep it that colour cos I don't see many like it on my travels. Think some astra GSi bonnet vents and perhaps a moody vectra spoiler would make a special car look even more special. ;)

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
I will keep it that colour, cause i dont really see many that colour. Most of em by me are white or black. I just need a leather interior to finish it off. Most of its already done, like wheels etc, so i dont really want to spend too much money on it (apart from maintenance costs) cause i wont get it back wen i come to sell it.
I'll just look after it and enjoy drivin it the way it is.

By the way, hows your search for another car goin?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Well ive spent more time and more money on my astra than i care to think about.Although i like Cavs i couldnt own one,not once i have owned a poverty spec Astra for 3 years and had it off the road longer than its been on the road.

Can you sympathise Gary?

·
Registered
15,922 Posts
for one second there i thought I was reading somthing up to date... Tim and Mavv wanting a Cav GSi, was thinking NOT AGAIN!!!!!lmao lmao lmao

what a difference a year makeslmao lmao

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.