Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
82,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Richie,

The solenoid that was connected originally to the boost circuit has been by passed... is this the correct thing to do or have they [email protected] up the installation of the chip.
Is there any chance of having a chat on the phone at some point today, I could probably get a bit more info out of you that way as well!!!!!
Thanks for your help so far though useful. :cool:

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
I have only had my own turbo since Jan 2001 so am still learning a lot about it myself. The ppl you might wanna talk to regarding seriously technical stuff would be Russ, AndyK or Dunk (try CavWeb where they post most of the time - CavWeb Forum )

The problem that you explained ere seems fine tho. If you notice when you are running higher boost, the ECU light comes on. When this happens, the ECU and amal valve cut the boost back to the "normal" limits.

Superchip would have dis-connected this solenoid so that, altho the ECU light flashes, the boost is not cut via the amal valve (solenoid is not able to open it as its disconnected) and you can run high boost.

The thing that you do want to see about is adjusting the bleed valve that you say you have so that the ECU light doesnt come on with high boost.

YOU MUST FIT A BOOST GAUGE TO PREVENT POSSIBLE ENGINE DAMAGE WHEN USING A BLEED VALVE

Basically the ECU measures the boost thats been run and adjusts everything accordingly. If you use a bleed valve to filter off some of that boost then the ECU thinks its running less than it actually is and keeps the light off.

DO NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE BLEED VALVE TILL YOU HAVE A BOOST GAUGE FITTED

Hope this explains it :D Russ is on jus now so he will hopefully make it clearer or fix any errors :rolleyes: :D

Rich

·
Registered
7,451 Posts
Oh, meant to say that due to the normal limiters being taken off (ECU/amal valve) the boost is adjusted and run completely by the actuator and wastegate so dont go mental and mess about with it hoping for more boost unless you sort the fuelling and charge temperature or you will get detonation at best and complete engine blowup at worst :eek:

1 bar normal boost is ideal for what you have just now.

Rich

·
Registered
81 Posts
A bleed valve is normally fitted with a Superchip it seems to be common practice these days.

Anyway be very wary of the bleed valve as Richie says, when you don't have a boost guage fitted.

The bleed valve can be adjusted as follows:-

Clockwise - Reduce Boost(bleeds more)
Anti-clockwise - Increase Boost(bleeds less)

A 1/6th of a turn usually puts about 3 psi on/off, so be very very careful with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.