Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally just PM'd this to scott, but probably useful to other moderators too so thought id post it here where you can all read it if you want, or ignore me if you want, the choice is yours.

chip said:
People DO learn from my posts, you would be amazed at how many people have thanked me for those threads.

Maybe if you read it all fully you might actaully end up knowing something and not be such a laughing stock.

Id sooner have it how i have, where people respect my ability on here but some dont like my mannerisms than they think of me the way they do you, as a complete tool who has to edit a post every time anyone realises how little he knows, and that applies to most of the mods in fact, RDS seems to be about the only one who can actaully leave comments proving him wrong stand, so fair play to him for that.

If you *REALLY* want to help then just walk on by my threads in future, people know what to expect and most of them appreciate it, those who dont like my style can always add me to their block list or not rad my threds, dont take that choice away from people just cause you personally dont want to learn or dont like me.

Chip

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The ridiculous thing is, there was a thread minding its own business, and it only discended into arguing when cemesis appeared, it was going along fine till then.

I thought the idea of a moderator was to cut DOWN on the abuse not be the hub around which it rotates?

Chip

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
OllyHewitt said:
well i for one learn alot from Chips threads :beer:

Ditto... I've been advised to seek help at anger management... lmao lmao lmao

Seriously tho, it's all good advice from Chip. Especially on the nitrous in the for sale forum.

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
chip said:
The ridiculous thing is, there was a thread minding its own business, and it only discended into arguing when cemesis appeared, it was going along fine till then.

I thought the idea of a moderator was to cut DOWN on the abuse not be the hub around which it rotates?

Chip
I agree, it was fine until he stuck his oar in. Then it was like waving a red flag at a bull, and you were off, and it did not take long before you gave him the excuse he wanted to close your thread. It takes two baby.....

Just ignore him Chip. If he can't wind you up, you can't give him grief back and he can't close your thread.

·
MIGClub Member
14,789 Posts
Chip - you are right, your threads do have interesting and useful content, even if they do sometimes step on people's toes. The question you have to ask though, did the thread you mention descend into arguing when cemesis appeared because he is a moderator or because he is a user of the site?

Moderators and Admin here are users just like you, the chances are, cem would have made the same posts moderator or not.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Trevor, i can see where you are coming from, and in terms of another "normal" user i could see you point, but its a sad day for a forum when the users have to start ignoring the moderators because all they are doing is trying to cause a row!

Every time scott posts its like the forum moderation equivalent of an own goal!

The mods complain they are too busy but it cause they go around creating so much work for themseleves in the first place!

Chip

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikeWarner said:
Chip - you are right, your threads do have interesting and useful content, even if they do sometimes step on people's toes. The question you have to ask though, did the thread you mention descend into arguing when cemesis appeared because he is a moderator or because he is a user of the site?

Moderators and Admin here are users just like you, the chances are, cem would have made the same posts moderator or not.

So what next the Mike, you need to appoint a team of moderators to go round and moderate the moderators?

This place has all the political laidback attitude, and willingness to promote free speech of the third reich, its no wonder that the "old school" that animal refers to dont bother coming here if they feel that everything they typed has big brother looking over it to check its politically correct for the forum.

Chip

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MikeWarner said:
Why would our moderating affect the old school people any differently? :confused:
Doesnt effect them differently as such i guess, but when people have been on a site for a while and are told by other members how much they are appreciated for being useful, it offends them more when they get picked up on niggly little things like how posts are worded?

Certainly annoys me that i take the time and effort to come on here in order to help out others, and im appreciated (it seems) by the majority of users but admin dont like it if they get corected on something, surely admin are just users who can be right or wrong like anyone else and a thread doesnt need editing to hide the truth every time they fcuk up?

Chip

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.