Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to my local motor factors and after searching throug their parts book we found that a VW 2.0 16v Passat '94-'97 sender fits, its an M10 fitting and costs about £5.

fitted it see if it would work and it does, on idle im reading between 90-95 deg's havent tested it while driving as its started to rain and i cant be arsed to wire it up at the moment

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
mine got to about 90 too. my sender is matched to the guage though (both zero to 150 deg range) getting 3rd party sender could be dangerous as they are resistance driven.

·
Registered
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tried it on the dash temp gauge too an it showed the same temp so it cant be that far out, will have a further play tommorrow when the weather is better:D

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
Yep, be carfeul. They are only housed thermistors, there are a million values, and another million characteristics for them. You'd be better off just getting the one that you know is correct. You may be lucky though.

·
Registered
30,330 Posts
Jamie, you may be interested to hear that the sender will neither fit under the dizzy or in the gap at the centre of the exhaust manifold.

looks like we are stuck with the rear right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts