Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys the business (AP Tuning)is just bout up and running and we have managed to source some fantastic nos kits that are some of the best around! weve got ten coming in in about 2 weeks but if anyone is interested in these kits i can order some more you will not be disapointed!

these kits are american made zex kits

the standard kits are the 30 50 70 and 125 bhp wet kits (although dry are available) come with the full fitting kits and a 10lb bottle all you braided hosing and all other fixtures,

the kits run off the there own ecu that bolts to the bulk head and is also a progressive system so you get a lot smoother up take as well as a better burn.

the kits also come with a purge valve (fast and furious style) and all the hook ups for this.

wet kit with purge valve is £600 and £200 to fit if you dont fancy it yourself

the dry kits and kit woth out purge are cheaper so if there is any interest in them ill work the prices out.

any other info you want let me know.

cheers

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Are these the purple box kits, if so then i would seriously reconsider if you want to be selling them to poeple with vauxhall engines, wont do an up and coming company much good to start destroying peoples engines.

Chip

·
Registered
45,356 Posts
.Can I ask that people do not make comments towards others who are selling non vauxhall related goods and also please do not make comments about the price they are asking for. By all means make an offer to see whether the person will except or not.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok guys not sure what youve heard but obviously you have a right to be concerned if you have heard bad things, let me just say ive been using the zex kits for years and never had any trouble with them got them on 2 od my project motors at the moment and ones been on a project cally for a year, i fully trust these kits and they also come with a manufactuers warranty for the engine as long as your millage is under 100000 we are also sellin the same kit as the wizards of nos that we have been supplyin in small quantities for some time for slightly less but in my opinion the zex are alot higher quality. i understand people have there own opinions of the stuff and they are intitled to it i would ever lie to get ppl to buy gear but i can honestly say in the three years ive dealt with zex i have never heard a bad word, so if you guys would be so kind please let me know of the problems youve had or heard of
cheers guys

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Here are some pictures of when i stripped a ZEX kit down:

http://www.miniowners.com/zex/zex.jpg
http://www.miniowners.com/zex/zex1.jpg

As you can see its just a cheap and cheerful industrial solenoid.

Its NOT capable of pulsing at the required frequency for accurately delivering a smooth increase in bhp, you are lucky if you can get one of these things to pulse at 9hz, let alone at 20+ like the wizards of nos ones.

When i took the actual solenoid itself apart i could very quickly see why, its got an enormous plunger in it, far too much inertia, and worse still the sealing material is rubbish, so as well as the fact its got this enormous heavy plunger hitting it its just not up to the job in the first place.

The main problems therefore that you will get with these kits related to the solenoid are:
CANNOT be accurately pulsed for progressive control
Seal will break down, leak nitrous into the engine and cause a dangerous lean condition

The additional problem you will get is the way in which it attempts to add extra fuel, it pressurizes the FPR to fool it into giving extra fuel, but seeing as the FPR on the XE is NOT boost sensitive (it only works on vacuum) it means the only time that would do anything is at part throttle, hardly much use if you can only use nitrous when you are at part throttle.

Honestly, its crappy kits like these that lead to all the "nitrous blows your engine up" stories in the first place.

The reason that im adding this to this thread is that whenever the subject of nitrous on mig comes up, its always me that miggers ask questions of and this way it will stop people having to pm/email/msn me to ask about these kits, so im putting my opinion here instead for all to see.
Obviously its fine if people want to ignore me and buy these kits anyway, it makes no difference to me, but at least ive given my opinion so that when they blow their engine up they will know its not nitrous generically that is at fault its these kits.

I would be VERY interested to hear in which way you think these are better than the wizards of nos kits you say you think they are better than, as having disected both kits i cannot think of one single benefit of the zex one, unless you are into purple in a big way.

Chip

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well fist of all the solinoids you have there and the control box are different to the ones i have, secondly i have wizards of nos kits up for sale as well but i have no stripped any of the kits so i can not comment on you comparing them, but all i can say to why the kits are better is first of all they are better quality second of all they come with everthing to fit them unlike the wizards kits, they are also a progressive system and to get a progressive system from wizards it costs allot more and as some ppl should be able to back me up here it doesnt work very well, i have encounted many probs with the wizards kits namely the ceapy little nos lines split venting an entire can in to the car (yes i accept it should of been under the car lol)ans as for the fpr my kits dont run off the fpr just of the tps but you are advised to uprate the fpr if you add over 30 bhp, i am not saying all this to sell the kits i dont have any on order at the moment and i am quite happy to supply the wizards kits to anyone who wants them, but i do think that the zex is a lot better all round, but guys this is all from my experience and i do accept that some of you guys have had bad experiences with them enough to put you off(pretty much like me a fords lol) and i appriecate all posts either for or against zex

cheers

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i can get hold of some pics of the solenoids and i think the wizard kits work out at 530 for the non progresive dry kit but i will get definate prices if anyone wants them

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Wizards of nos havent made a dry kit for a petrol road car for at LEAST 2 decades now, which is a good job because any dry kit on a c20xe or similar would be an extremely bad idea in terms of reliability.

Glad to hear its not the zex kit pictured here that you are selling, they were awful, the new kits are a lot better, but still suffer from bad seals sadly and still cant pulse as well as the wizards ones (fundametnally worse solenoid design still), but at least they are now proper wet kits, and the packaging is all pretty, that seems to be the only think the yanks do well with nitrous in fact, putting it in pretty boxes and logos etc.
The thing with the american kits is they are fundametnally cheaply manufactured generic rubbish that ends up costing as much as a decent english kit because of import costs and duty.

No one buying nitrous though should take much notice of the cost, if you cant afford to do it properly then you CERTAINLY cant afford to do it badly and start destroying engines as thats always expensive.

Chip

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hey guys im happy with all your responds but i cant stand muppets that dont know what there own with chip im an agent for wizards im down there all the time and let me tell you they do do dry kits im in armthorpe all the time with the guys i know what they do now why dont you ring trev and stop talking out your ***!, anyway guys seeing as you all seem to like the wizards kits more than the zex ill put together some proper price lists and post them at the weekend, and if any of you guys want the zex let me know.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
draven666 said:
hey guys im happy with all your responds but i cant stand muppets that dont know what there own with chip im an agent for wizards im down there all the time and let me tell you they do do dry kits im in armthorpe all the time with the guys i know what they do now why dont you ring trev and stop talking out your ***!, anyway guys seeing as you all seem to like the wizards kits more than the zex ill put together some proper price lists and post them at the weekend, and if any of you guys want the zex let me know.
Not for road cars they dont mate.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.