Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if using a F20 on a let what do you do with the two plugs on the loom that are for overboost in 1st/reverse?

are these left as an open circuit or need to be bridged?

am sure if they werent plugged into anythin the engine management light would be on :eek:

andy :beer:

·
Registered
305 Posts
Don't wire in the speed sensor, then the ECU won't spot that they are not working. As for the plugs think that they need bridging.

Could be wrong about this, second hand info......

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Difficult question to answer as some run them bridged others dont. I personally had mine so that it never had 1st/reverse recogition. I did read somewhere that another user had his the same way and whilst running it on the rollers it would lean out when wired like this,dont know how,dont know why as i believe it shouldn't. Infact mine didnt but if i let the engine rev out in 1st then backed off it would still put the light on,its ****ing weird.
I too would like a solid bridged or not answer to clear too clear things up.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The ECU reads the cars speed, this is how it works out is the 1st gear switch is working.

Early cars have a sensor on the back of the speedo, later models use the ABS sensors.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
If you are running a chipped ECU then they generally disable the 1st gear switch anyway.

There was a long thread on the topic of joined wires or not, about 3 months ago.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
Hmm not to sure if the speed sensor makes any difference as if the ecu see the 1st gear switch triggered then no matter what speed you are doing it activates the boost cut. You could be in 6 doing a 100mph,it doesnt see that it just see's the switch position.
Ofcourse it see's the speed but i dont think it comes into play in this case. If you know what i mean,lol.

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
yeah thats the thread i was refering too. it sounds a bit starnge to me still,i'm not 100% sure but since when did the gear recognition have any influence over fuelling? I'm sure it just triggers the amal valve to close(lower the boost to actuator preset).
Anybody have any more info??

·
Registered
305 Posts
Striaght from the manual!

Code 41.....

 Engine speed > 1520 rpm
 Vehicle speed is in range from 10 km/h to;
18 km/h (1520 rpm)
23 km/h (2000 rpm)
34 km/h (3000 rpm)
45 km/h (4000 rpm)
56 km/h (5000 rpm)
66 km/h (6000 rpm)
 Control unit recognizes dosed switch for the 1st gear recognition (should be open)
(short circuit to ground)
 Control unit recognizes open switch for the reverse gear recognition (should be closed)
 Above conditions must exist for at least 15 s

Code 42.....

 Engine speed > 1520 rpm
 Vehicle speed > 90 km/h
 Control unit recognizes open switch for the 1st gear recognition (should be closed)
(short circuit to battery voltage or lead interruption)
 Control unit recognizes dosed switch for the reverse gear recognition (should be open)
 Above conditions must exist for at least 15 s

If trouble code 42 was recognized, the control unit decreases the charge pressure until it is at base charge pressure.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on the let loom there are two plugs. one for first....whats the other for?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so it gets left open circuit too then am guessin?!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts