Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starter, Alternator, Driveshafts, Hubs, MPI fuel pump

Just managed to get myself a cheap low mileage x20xev, an f20 box, ECU and loom but need the above parts to drop it in my 1.6 8v Astra!
Got spares you want rid of?
Also anyone know of any probs i might encounter or is it a straight forward swap :eek: ?

·
Registered
43,164 Posts
i have a f20 box £50 u in bristol discodavies? im bout 30 miles from u down caaaaaaaaduff way :D

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
Hi mate, sorry i don't have any bits for you but i just wanted to check that you've got the bigger driveshafts and hubs for your engine conversion? and if your 1.6 is the SPi version you'll need an MPi fuel pump too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Starter, Alternator, Driveshafts, Hubs, MPI fuel pump

No i havent yet but now you said it might be a good idea! New to this so not the best of technical minds! Hubs as well???

It's the 1.6 8v S.P.I.! Hence the need for the conversion!

Cheers for that I need any help i can get cos i'm probably gonna D.I.Y. it!

Any other pearls of wisdom will be gratefully accepted!

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
discodavies said:
No i havent yet but now you said it might be a good idea! New to this so not the best of technical minds! Hubs as well???

It's the 1.6 8v S.P.I.! Hence the need for the conversion!

Cheers for that I need any help i can get cos i'm probably gonna D.I.Y. it!

Any other pearls of wisdom will be gratefully accepted!
in that case you will definately need an MPi fuel pump. it can be out of any mk3 astra, even a 1.4 MPi, but ut has to be MPi, not SPi.

the 1.6 is a small block engine, 2.016v is a big block engine. you need the driveshafts from any big block mk3 astra or mk3 cav, or mk2 astra GTE. this is also why you need new front hubs, because these driveshafts are bigger than your 1.6 ones and don't fit through 1.6 hubs. but the easiest way to get the hubs onto your car is to replace the whole suspension strut, as apparently swapping just the hubs over is a biatch of a job. so nab the struts off an astra GSi, or use cav GSi ones but you need to use your astra top-mounts with these.

hope that helps mate.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Splendid!
yeah helps loads is it a difficult job once i've got all my parts or should it just be a case of drop the old one out put the new one in?
Clearances and everything will be ok?

·
Registered
10,010 Posts
should just drop straight in! well, it better do when we do mine, lol.

as long as you have a set of XE mounts (from an astra GSi , cav GSi, etc..) then it should all be ok. the only other thing i remembered is you will need a new set of clocks as well, otherwise your speedo won't read the right speed anymore because of the different gearbox.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.