Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are the springs all the same or do you get differentones for different gates? the one in ours is a 5psi spring, shimmed to 10 psi but we want to run more but if we shim it too much we are gony lose the movement of it so are wary and would like a spring about 15 psi

rodgerq

·
Registered
11,048 Posts
rodgerq said:
are the springs all the same or do you get differentones for different gates? the one in ours is a 5psi spring, shimmed to 10 psi but we want to run more but if we shim it too much we are gony lose the movement of it so are wary and would like a spring about 15 psi

rodgerq
You can buy different tension springs - if you search for Rial wastegates (american) you'll find that they also sell a selection of springs.

I don't know what wastegate ur using - but u could speak to matheus ?? My spring is wound in almost full wack and I'm overboosting to 25psi - so thats probably good for 2bar.

;)

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mines is a wee cheap ****ter Matt. isnt adjustable bar changing the spring - although i think i could make it adjustable in work with some simple machining. i'd rather just change the spring though for easiness. gony run an MBC the now, then get an apexi so i suppose its not that big of a deal

rodgerq

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a pic of the one i have

rodgerq

edited with better pic

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you have an electronic boost contoller can you use it to adjust the boost with the external wastegate above the rating of the spring.

I mean could you have a 10 psi spring and still make 15 psi or so
or do you have to have a stronger spring like 20 psi spring and use the boost contoller to run it at 15 psi?

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not got an apexi yet but its on the cards when i get back from holiday at the end of the month. spring in it is a 6psi srping, we've shimmed it to ten but i dont want to shim it any further cause its gony start limiting the movement of the valve.

rodger

1 - 8 of 8 Posts