Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of alloys they were ment to be Et40 which should just about fit but are ET38, they currently have 205 55 r15 tyres, i put one on the rear over the weekend and as i dropped it, it just rubbed on the top of the tyres.

I currently have a 80mm drop, which i am going to put back to standard for now, but want to have 35mm eventually.

Question is should i be able to run these, with either 195's or 185's and sorting the springs out resolve anything, the arches have been done, all be it just chopped away, but there is a bit of room there.

Has anyone done this and run 35 or near on a nova.

It is a GSI if that makes a slight differance.

Many thanks
Martin.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
I know that the rear beam's aren't exactly central, so you might find it will fit one side but no the other..
Also i'm not sure if will be able to fit 185's on a wheel that has 205's fitted..they might not seal right.
You can get wheels skimming down (i'm in the same situation, have a look here) people say the max you can take off safely is 5mm, making your ET38's > ET43'ish
And anything over ET42-45 might screw up your handling...

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Mazz said:
And anything over ET42-45 might screw up your handling...
I'd have to disagree with you on that mazz, I'm running 15" ET40's on mine they only just scrub, but the handling is fine.

they poke out the front arches though.

·
Registered
5,272 Posts
Well i did say might :D
I run 37's :)() on my Cav, and tbh i've not really noticed a difference, but it;s not lowered and i don't throw it around! Heard people say that going from 46 to 49 has made a noticeable difference.
Each to their own i suppose...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts