Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I'm gonna be running my little 1.2 for a while yet before I have the money to get the X14XE in...

Thing is though, I'm getting a really annoying flat-spot with this engine. Between idle and 2100 RPM (ish :D ) it feels dead as a door-nail! Even with my foot to the floor, the damn thing just refuses to go - in any gear! Then, when I (eventually) hit 2100 RPM, it picks up really well :confused:

That's not all though! My engine is also revving on when decelerating. When I go to change gear (most noticeable from 1st to 2nd) the engine revs on for like a second or so (like I'm not taking my foot off the accel when I dip the clutch) It sounds like I'm a learner or summat!!! This is also most noticeable when going down hill; when I take my foot off the accelerator, you don't feel the engine brake for a second or so.

Are these problems related???

The car's been like this since I got it (about a month or so ago) It has done just 24K (P-Reg) and has a full Vaux service history. 24K in 6 years means the car has obviously been standing for long periods of time. Could this be the reason?

Car is a Corsa-B 1.2 8v (yes I know B4 you say anything) I just couldn't let it by as it's minty minty mint mint.

I'd really like to get this sorted as it's fookin' annoying!!!

·
Registered
27,217 Posts
the over revving sounds to me as though the throttle is sticking!! try lubing up the butterfly/cable bit.
the flat spot..... hmmm:confused: would have to see it to diagnose it, but is it a spi?

·
Registered
667 Posts
i dont think i have ever seen an spi engine that doesnt have a flat spot, me mate says its something to do with the fact that the ecu cant control its data quick enough!!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, SPi...

It's definitely not the throttle sticking as it doesn't do it when it's cold...

Anyone else have any thoughts/info???

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts