Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This comes on sometimes when i'm driveing, usualy when i'm doing very naughty speeds :rolleyes: When i back off a bit it goes out, and then sometimes stays out. I pulled a code out. Oxygen sensor open circuit. Is this anything to worry about?

·
Registered
272 Posts
i had to get the lambda sensor replaced on my vec recently as well cos it was gubbed, got the part and fitting for 70 quid and got to watch the guy fit it too, thats the only thing i dislike about most garages..you can't see what they're actually doing when u ain't there..not that i'm a paranoid freak or anything.. :eek:

oh, the only thing is, the engine management light didn't come on at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi Andy......If it is the same oxygen sensor that went on me Vectra,It is situated in your exhaust system & it registers you exhaust emissions/oxygen levels etc(so the Green Flag bloke said)I took me car to a Vauxhall dealer,cost £126 to replace.You can get it cheaper if you don,t use a vauxhall dealer.It took a hour to fit plus setting up the emissions again....Hope this will help

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, i think the sensor ia also known as the Lambarda Sensor, and it is situated on the exhaust elbow downpipe off the turbo. I was wondering though if it was anything to do with the boost? I had a new turbo recently fitted, and it comes on when full boost is on early. It never does it round town, or at cruising speeds along motorways. Just a thought, then again it may be a faulty sensor?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.