Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at different mappable ecu systems at the moment and just wondered what peoples opinions and experiences were with different engine management systems. Which would you recommend. It needs to be able to deal with fuelling etc for a turbo.... as i want to keep my options open(rebuild this year followed by throttle bodies or turbo next year(will save pistons and piston rings for next year when tb's or turbo come along)).

Also would i be right in thinking that i'd need to buy a seperate boost controller as i dont seem to be able to find an ecu that deals with boost?

My budget will be about £500 for the engine management alone, as superclarkey will be making my loom:)

Cheers all

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
TBH ud be hard pressed to find anything decent for under £1k (autronic, DTA P8 PRO, MOTEC M4 etc etc) but for around that price id reccomened the Omex 500 series. This will run turbos, unlike the MBE 967 which is slightly cheaper but wont work with turbos. As for boost control, id reccomened an apexi AVCR, unless u fork out for the autronic!

Vaux-MD can supply both the Omex management and the Apexi AVCR

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers phil! Does the omex 500 support turbos and what price does it come in at?:) Im not looking for mega engine management thats gonna be able to launch a spaceship or anythinglmao just something to give me flexability with my options and can take advantage of cams, turbos etc properly.;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts