Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I've recently fitted a 20seh engine in my nova. I'm currently having running issues at idle.

I've got to the point where I think I have the wrong mass air flow metre fitted as I've been told the c20ne and 20seh AFM are different. The one I have fitted is from a c20ne (part number 0280202208). I know the part numbers on the 20seh AFM are different, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the one from the 20seh has the adjustment screw for the air/fuel mixture?

·
Registered
513 Posts
i would have thought it would run without one plugged in, albeit not amazing, but probably run.

you checked the timing marks are lined up, and the plug leads are in the right order ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Timing Is 100% correct, I've checked it several times. Leads are on In the correct order.

When its revving up it's fine just not at idle. But I believe that the AFM could be the issue because so I'm told the c20ne engine used the lambda sensor to sort the fuel/air mixture but due to mine being the 20seh it doesn't have a cat or lambda sensor so the AFM does it. But apparently the 20seh metre has an adjustment screw. The one I've got fitted doesn't have it?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Timing Is 100% correct, I've checked it several times. Leads are on In the correct order.

When its revving up it's fine just not at idle. But I believe that the AFM could be the issue because so I'm told the c20ne engine used the lambda sensor to sort the fuel/air mixture but due to mine being the 20seh it doesn't have a cat or lambda sensor so the AFM does it. But apparently the 20seh metre has an adjustment screw. The one I've got fitted doesn't have it?
i think youve self diagnosed this one yourself already.
best to get the correct AFM.
engines dont normally work right, with parts from other cars :)

does it idle better with it unplugged ?

·
Registered
513 Posts
back firing like that, is usually ignition related, from my experience. ecu sending a spark at the wrong time.

if the ecu is getting mixed signals, from the wrong components, that could your problem.

seems strange how it only does it at idle tho .....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wont run at all when its unplugged. All I wanted to try and find out is what the part number was for the 20seh AFM with the air/fuel mixture screw on it so I could confirm that the theory that I suggested above is correct.

·
Registered
513 Posts
i found these 2 part numbers, in opel catalogue.
AFM, for 20seh on mk.1 cavalier

&

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks, that cross references to the one I thought I need so I'll buy one of them and see if that cures it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts