Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,907 Posts
Not good. But, unfortunately apart from taking pictures of stuff like that before you leave the car, there's really no way of proving that they did it. Makes me angry, dodgy garages. :mad:

I'm just thankful I have one close to me that I can trust.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Exactly, I've heard of these sorts of stories before from when I used to work in a garage. but have never been on the receiving end, and its knowing I've been done that makes me even angrier.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
unfortunate but at the end of the day it's your word against theirs. Use another garage and tell as many local people as possible your story.

I had a similar situation last year. As soon as I got my car back i went to put the drivers side window down. The glass pane fell down inside the door. It was off it's runners. The garage denied all knowledge. When fixing it myself you could see the fingerprints on the glass and where wd40 had been used to try and get it back on the runner.

·
Registered
9,056 Posts
a tip i've learned is - book your car in for the MOT first thing sat morning. Not all the staff work saturdays so the MOT is done while you wait and you might be asked to push the brake, wiggle the steering, put on the indicators etc. This way you are with the car at all times and watching what the guy is up to.

·
Registered
7,580 Posts
Name and shame them here i say, dont want anyone else going there and getting the same treatmeant. :mad:

(unless it gets migweb in trouble, admins confirm plz?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.