Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i keep re-setting the ecu every night, then the codes are still there in the morning!

i getting fault codes for:

immobiliser wrong code
immobiliser no signal
dis pack voltage low on all cylindres
knock sensor wiring
fuel tank vent valve

ive sorted them all now,
knock sensor was a faulty wire,
dis pack was a mistake, i left the plug off while started it up,
fuel tank vent valve was a mistake, i unplugged it while the engine was running,

immobiliser is a strange one tho, seems to have been there since i got the car. doesnt affect the car starting, and doesnt throw the management light on.

if i re-set the ecu (bu disconnecting the battery) and read the fault codes before starting the engine, should the codes still be there? as they wont dissapear, although the engine runs without the management light on!

i left the battery disconnected and the ecu off for 24 hours, then checked the codes, and they were still there, even before starting the engine!

what am i doing wrong?

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
yep 1996 on for most ECUs, and All Simtecs.

they will clear eventually, once the fault is fixed.

Or Tech1/Tech2 is required.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its on a 1995 corsa gsi ecu!

did work when i tried it about a year ago, but doesnt seem to delete them any more, so if i drive the car for a while, they should dissapear?

·
Registered
17,641 Posts
yeah

I think it's 25 runs from cold, up to operating temperature, without the Fault recurring.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that might explain it then, car is up on stands, engine has only been in a week, not driven it yet. was hoping to get rid of any probs before it goes on the road.

thanks guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts