Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im looking for an ecu for my vectra sri 2.5 v6.
i have immobiliser issues with the current one and cant tow it the way it is sitting so i am looking for the ecu without the transponder. apparently they come from old calibras etc....the code on the ecu is a 'PN' code as far as i'm aware.
any halp would be greatly appreciated as d-day has been and gone and i need my car going asap. thanks

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
cavalier c25xe ecu is different bud. all vectra v6 ecu's are imobilised with transponder and chip. i have a spare if you need one

·
Banned
4,872 Posts
what about the early calibras?
You can't just stick a PN ECU in there and expect it to work buddy, you'd need to rewire parts of the loom for a start, and most Vectra ECU's are specifically made to only run on the Vectra loom, i.e. most Vectra engines cannot have an alternative ECU plugged into the loom.

1.6 16v MK3 Astra/Tigra ECU for example even though it has the chip and transponder, will not work on the same engine in the Vectra, and same for 2.0 16v X20XE Ecotec from the Cavalier.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have did that but it still wont work...the eml light keeps flashing constantly (immob problem yeah? ). the fuel pump wont prime so i checked the relays and they are okay...i hardwired the pump and it puts fuel through that way...the starter is fine too when i tried it. its just not doing anything when i turn the key! i tried a new ecu,chip and transponder and still no joy! im pulling my hair out :(

·
Banned
4,872 Posts
Well its not just an immobiliser problem then if you've completely swapped all three pieces from another car, sounds like a wiring problem.

Take the cowling off the column and check to see that the wires from the transponder haven't rubbed through somewhere, or get the car onto a diagnostice machine to trace exactly what immobiliser problem it has.

Seems odd that you've swapped it all over and its still doing the same thing, either its a wiring problem or the donor bits you got were not all from the same matching set.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts