Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The enquiry into the affair turned into some sort of horrible food fight didn't it lmao

so, I'm trying not to get covered in jelly or little triangle sandwichs here, so please bear with me:

I really do think the central problem here is peoples reaction, not to the facts (which are hard to fathom at best) - but the issue they take with them apparently being strapped to dynamite and dropped in their pants - which is naturally an area people feel threatened in and will probably get a bit ticked off about, despite the dynamite being impeccably made and beautifully presented - and they tend to concentrate on the fact that it blows up really well, and in about 5 seconds, rather than look nice.

I can understand why, I think, explosives were tempting, considering exhibit A - the Puzzling Block that unlocked the gates of hell here on MIG, seems to have been misrepresented to the buyer, and trying to pull the loose ends from it's exact history just reveals more knots - and if you're left trying to sort it out, you're going to get annoyed, and not really care if you have a half-hitch, blood or granny knot - only that the guy who tied it up didn't go to Scouts.

however - making a Noose from it and hanging people means (right or wrong) anyone observing, who's not completely unbiased, ends up not concentrating on the facts, when all they can see are a row of swinging bodies, who perhaps have been unfairly, and prematurely, strung up - what makes it worse is when it's done publicly, and without trial - contacting them privately first to find out a bit more first, or not implying the fact that 'someone was to blame' when reporting, would've avoided so much aggro. Yes - no names were mentioned, but the lines were very clear and obviously written to be read between - see how I've mentioned no names here but we all know who, and what I'm on about (for those people who've been tuning in to this saga recently anyway) ;)

so, I don't think many people who have got involved with this can leave without (hopefully) taking some constructive criticism on board - that's everyone - buyer, sellers, fire-extinguishers (bet you didn't know you had petrol in there eh ? :D )

I think the wise thing would be to sit back and reflect on other peoples opinions for a bit, rather than just trying harder and harder to get others to understand yours - one leads somewhere, the other just degrades into what we've already seen.

--

please.

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
Gary, the lines people are reading between they are doing so wrongly, the reason i havent contacted the seller is because i am happy with the (useable subset of the) parts i got and the price i paid for them, so there was no need to contact the seller, i wasnt after a refund and i certainly woudlnt have wanted them to try and correct the faults as they wouldnt have had the skills to do so anyway, the reasons for my post were:

Inform others how not to make the same mistakes

Get off my chest how badly it had been bodged, i actually get quite annoyed when people wreck nice bits of engineering, in the same way some people dont like joyriders or vandals who wreck a nice car

Chip

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's why I gave a nod to both parties chip - but you cannot deny that it's not surprising people take umbrage, not with content, but with delivery.

this whole episode has weaved back and forth and it's so convoluted now it's best not to try to untangle it all again.

but the teacher also stands to learn something, I think, from this ;)

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
I fully understand that some people dont like the way in which i say stuff.
Other of course, find it hilarious.

Ill probably not be changing, so i recomend the scrollbar or "block list" features for those who dont like to read what i write.

As im not an admin i only have to worry about my own posts, not anyone elses, so ive got a nice easy life.

Its the admins interfering in other peoples posts that need to recognise as soon as they do that they are NOT just another user, and people cant choose to ingore their actions, as if a post is gone or a user banned then people no longer have ANY choice in wether they view it or not.

Forums should be about choice.

Chip

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
chip said:
As im not an admin i only have to worry about my own posts, not anyone elses, so ive got a nice easy life.
but when you fire a cannon, either aim it out to sea, or spare a thought for who you might hit - intentional or no is not the issue.

you can't blame people for getting upset, and it's not fair to either tell them to ignore the cannonball that just landed in the garden - could you just chuck it next door as it turns out that bloke was to blame, or just sort of walk around it.

--

the issue of mods/admins editing etc is really not what I'm talking about here, that's got nothing to do with the aim of this thread :)

·
Registered
34,309 Posts
See thats actually proper moderation, you managed to get your point across without taking any political prisoners or having to sexually torture them with a camshaft or anything.

Maybe they should send you out to the gulf?

Actualy, get them to send cemisis, he wont do any good but at least he will be out of my way lmao (joke)

Chip

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.