Vauxhall Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i am trying to flash my codes i have corneted a&b in the plug together but no codes have flashed up and i know the bulb is ok because it comes on with the check list.
i even bought a fault finder but the check light is still not flashing on the dash.:confused:

(the plug i am useing is in the top right hand corner of the enegine bay by the car horn)
i have a simtec 56.1 system

Thanks guys
jason

·
Registered
5,766 Posts
yes tis at the top right on a cav... u sure youve got the right end of the plug? also to flash the codes on the eco cav you gotta have the ignition on but the engine off!! if the engines running it wont work

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi jason i tryed that but as you know when you turn the key the car runs a diagnostic check and the engine light eta stays on untill you turn the key then it gos off unless theres a fault, but mine is not even flashing any thing even with my tester and i know there is a fault

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
jsnwlcm said:
Hi jason i tryed that but as you know when you turn the key the car runs a diagnostic check and the engine light eta stays on untill you turn the key then it gos off unless theres a fault, but mine is not even flashing any thing even with my tester and i know there is a fault
When you say there is fault, do you mean the engine management light came on?

Iirc, the light has to stay on for 30 seconds to log the fault so if it was on for less.... maybe the answer.

HTH

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James82 said:
When you say there is fault, do you mean the engine management light came on?

Iirc, the light has to stay on for 30 seconds to log the fault so if it was on for less.... maybe the answer.

HTH
I have never had the engine management light come on but i know the cam sencer is playing up or the crank sencer because my rev limter kicks in at 4500 rpm also i have a feeling my afm is on the way out to.:cool:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Ahhh! I'm pretty sure if the light hasn't come up, it won't log a fault .... I could be wrong though.

Seems we have the same sensor problem ridden engines!

From my experience:

The crank sensor going will mean the engine wont start or will struggle to start.

The cam sensor made mine jolt forward violently when on the gas.

Have you tried unplugging them and then plugging back in? Sounds silly but my crank sensor often plays up and this sorts it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Will try that one mate. maybe i am looking for something that has not been picked up yet.?
PS if the afm is fauty would it afect the mpg (280 from a full tank)because i have replaced
cts
o2 sencer
plugs
leads
all earths have been cleaned as well

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Strange isn't it.

If your in limp home mode, surely there must be a fault logged but doesn't actually appear to be.

Perhaps a reset?

Mines the 56.5 ECU which you can apparently reset by turning the ignition on and off 30 times (but leaving enough time for the check sequence to finish each time). Perhaps will work with yours? Also some people say disconnecting the battery for an hour or so will reset it. :beer:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
jsnwlcm said:
Will try that one mate. maybe i am looking for something that has not been picked up yet.?
PS if the afm is fauty would it afect the mpg (280 from a full tank)because i have replaced
cts
o2 sencer
plugs
leads
all earths have been cleaned as well
No idea lol - Only know a little bit. Miles from tank sounds about the same as mine though and I average 29 MPG.

Isn't something like the throttle butterfly not opening as far as it should?

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
James82 said:
Strange isn't it.

Mines the 56.5 ECU which you can apparently reset by turning the ignition on and off 30 times (but leaving enough time for the check sequence to finish each time). Perhaps will work with yours? Also some people say disconnecting the battery for an hour or so will reset it. :beer:
:rolleyes:
No, the 30 times on and off does piss all.
Disconnecting the battery on OBD cars only resets the driving style, so the car relearns that after about 6 miles of being driven).

·
Registered
197 Posts
ive got a 1.8 vectra and mine did exactly the same as your cavvy is doing all i did was take out both sensors and wiped them down so they were all clean then refitted them and mine is fine now ive had no more problems

1 - 13 of 13 Posts