Vauxhall Owners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with an eco-tec engine noticed that they lose a LOT of power when the engine is really hot?

Why does this happen i'm replacing my intake manifold soon and getting a unichip and i'm hoping this cures it!

After looking at the engine my assumption is that the intake track is so long that once the engine heat has soaked fully into the intake the air has a very long way to travel in a hot tube before reaching the intake ports! could that be the problem?

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it doesn't run crappy or anything just loses a whole load of power!

As for the XE idea...no after the money i spend on this engine i'll be keeping it for a while!

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
whats the gn on the unichip then kenny? did u fone that place?

rodgerq

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i've been working and at college i haven't been in the vacinity of a telephone before 6pm for the past 2 weeks and i don't think i'll be able to 2moro either its doing my head in!!

I've been reading GMC's web page and they do them fitted and setup for 400 quid and they are at least a little bit local to me, so 400 setup is the price to beat lol!

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
kenny,

are you using a cone filter?

Id consider ditching the underbonnet carpet, placing some reflective material there, putting exhaust wrap on the manifold and using plenty of b+q air ducting pipe as per 0dders style

·
Registered
22,399 Posts
Kenny-MK4Astra said:
i've been working and at college i haven't been in the vacinity of a telephone before 6pm for the past 2 weeks and i don't think i'll be able to 2moro either its doing my head in!!

I've been reading GMC's web page and they do them fitted and setup for 400 quid and they are at least a little bit local to me, so 400 setup is the price to beat lol!
cant cpmplain at 400 quid for a programmable ecu mate, especialy with a couple hours on the rollers included

rodgerq

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i know lol. Also its sort of local should i need it remapped in the future, also GMC have a pretty good reputation

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.